• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probable 9.9 to 10 Daredevil 190 (x2), how to proceed?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Does anyone have the link to the thread of the boardie who had multiple unopened cases of a Spawn book and subbed something like the best 30 copies without getting a 9.9 (I tired to find it but couldn't). Linking that thread might give the OP a better idea of just how hard it really is to get a 9.9 or 10. 

13 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Does anyone have the link to the thread of the boardie who had multiple unopened cases of a Spawn book and subbed something like the best 30 copies without getting a 9.9 (I tired to find it but couldn't). Linking that thread might give the OP a better idea of just how hard it really is to get a 9.9 or 10. 

I recently had 20 unopened cases straight from the printer of a book I had printed. I went through every book and picked the 30 best to have graded. 27 9.8's and 3 9.6's. Ultimately it was about what I expected though I meant to pre-screen to 9.8 but missed the check box. I had 0 expectations to get anything higher than 9.8.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Corona smith said:

Wasn’t trying to troll but I have an opinion and there’s a difference between the twos grading definitions. If No one can respond in a civil manner I’ll just leave it be but I have valid points. I don’t seek out signed books but I have several and I’d like them better if they weren’t signed. 

why would you buy signed books then if you dont like signed books??? I mean unless you had a super rare action comics 1 or Tec 27 book I dont see the reason to buy something you dont like. 

23 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Unless the comic comes off the press and there is a CGC rep there holding the bag and case ready to catch it, I don't believe you can get a 9.9 or 10. 

even then that doesn't matter as there could be manufacturing defects that will keep it from a 9.9 or 10

46 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

why would you buy signed books then if you dont like signed books??? I mean unless you had a super rare action comics 1 or Tec 27 book I dont see the reason to buy something you dont like. 

Any signed books would’ve come in comic lots online. Otherwise I’ve never bought any.  Half my post wasn’t relevant to this thread and I apologize for straying. 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Corona smith said:

Wasn’t trying to troll but I have an opinion and there’s a difference between the twos grading definitions. If No one can respond in a civil manner I’ll just leave it be but I have valid points. I don’t seek out signed books but I have several and I’d like them better if they weren’t signed. 

Was just funnin' with you.Nobody got rough with the goating 

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I think getting a 9.9 or a 10 on a raw submission should be considered the same as winning the lottery.  It definitely happens.  Just very, very, very unlikely.

Randall has been right lately,we should listen to him.

He digs being right! :banana: