• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Mag Runs V 3.0...Vampirella Countdown
7 7

1,040 posts in this topic

The time has come for the third of four threads that will concentrate on my Magazine duplicates.  Space just doesn't allow me to continue to store all of these.  All books are raw, and I store everything in Mylites2 and full back combos.  My goal is always to provide an accurate grade, and I use well accepted comic book methodology for grading, no variations for the additional size of the mags.  All scans again, though I clearly see that the scanner does hide some flaws, and does exaggerate others.  I did start a kudos thread, which doesn't have a ton in it yet, but I had happy customers from my prior threads:  

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/453632-stevemmg-kudos-thread/

A few rules:

1.  Payment via PayPal is my current method.  Payment due within 48 hours of invoice.  If you can’t pay for it, please be courteous and let it go.  You can request an invoice at any time, or you can wait until the conclusion of the thread, and I will invoice you within a day.    

2.  Shipping is by USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. $13.95 for up to 3 CGC graded books. $13.95 for up to six raw books. SHIPPING TO CONTINENTAL US ONLY AT THIS POINT. Sorry my Canadian friends, but I don’t have the extra time for the long lines at the post office.  If you win a large quantity of books, I will pack securely in boxes and get with you on a shipping quote.  I did have cases where using the comic mailers for single mags were cheaper, and if that is an option in your case, we can do that too.  I'm not out to make money on shipping, but I am out to get your purchase there safely.  I won't use media mail or ship in envelopes.  I travel quite a bit, but try to work in the threads so I can ship your purchases right away.  All the books from the prior threads went out within one day  

3.  Raw books are returnable up to two weeks, but please let me know they’re coming back. You pay return postage, but I will refund original shipping. 

4.  First “I’ll take it” in the thread trumps pm’s  

I’m an eBay member since 2000 with over 3700 positive feedback, user name stevemmg  I’ve done business with most every major dealer in the country , so if you need references, I’m sure we can find a common connection. 

Once this thread is complete, it will be followed by a misc Warren, Skywald, Eerie pubs, National Lampoon, Heavy Metal version.  

THIS THREAD WILL BE DIFFERENT, IN THAT THERE WILL BE 1-3 COPIES OF EACH ISSUE LISTED, ALL DIFFERENT GRADES.  THE HIGHEST GRADE COPY OF THE ISSUE WILL BE LISTED FIRST AND THEN IN DESCENDING GRADE FROM THERE.  IT WILL ALSO BE A COUNTDOWN THREAD, STARTING WITH THE SPECIAL AND ANNUAL, THEN FROM LAST ISSUE TO THE FIRST.  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find something you like along the way.

Edited by Stevemmg

Vampirella Annual Copy A 8.5  $250 Several things I think about with this annual.  Firstly, crazy that this Aslan cover was originally supposed to be the cover for Vampirella #1.  Secondly, for several years this issue was nearly twice the price on the back issue market as #1.  Stories inside from the first 9 issues, including Adams, Wood, Sutton, along with something unique for an annual, a brand new 15 page origin story for Vampirella drawn by Gonzalez.  MMMMMMMM.......GOOOOOOOD!  SOLD TO LOGANPARKER

757636805_ANNUAL8.5.thumb.jpg.864286f3b0be02709f0093fdfb1a1947.jpg

813838610_ANNUAL8_5BC.thumb.jpg.02523d8af2f05873577c344dfeb40fd3.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg

Vampirella #113 Copy A 8.5  $250 The inaugural Harris announcement that they had acquired rights to Vampi in this only issue that continued over numbering from the Warren run.  Reprints, of course, but a fairly scarce mag.  Given it was 1988, I really don't remember seeing these around even in comic shops.  SOLD TO LOGANPARKER

643927246_1138.5.thumb.jpg.c6ed15668b109748ba53f0277b6ab618.jpg779724023_1138_5BC.thumb.jpg.9c10d63c9f86ebffe2401217c842b428.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg

Vampirella 112 Copy A 8.5 $70 The final issue, dated March 1983.  It's a little weird since I'm doing these in reverse order.  But this whole final run by Gonzalez is just absolutely amazing and even better than the earlier work.  The frontispieces and stories are just incredible.  Plenty to love inside, but Gonzalez steals the show. SOLD TO SPEEDCAKE

178603515_1128.5.thumb.jpg.ee0fd1e4d41272b142637c1ee0946069.jpg

307517085_1128_5BC.thumb.jpg.06d694c2ba1b5d4dd9ca5ea259c7e01d.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg