• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now 25% off Discounted Prices - Eclectic Mix of GA Books - Various Titles/Publishers

18 posts in this topic

• PayPal ok, checks, money orders work too.
  • Payment must be received within 3 days of purchase
  • Shipping - $5 for up to two raw books via first class between cardboard in padded envelope.  More than than and normally the weight exceeds what is allowed for first class.  For Priority Mail, if you want that or the weight is too much for first class, shipping will be $12 boxed USPS Priority.  International, I will get a quote and let you know
  • First I'll take either in thread or PM based on time stamp.
  • Tracking number will be sent upon shipment.
  • I would prefer no returns.  I have to the best of my ability described the flaws and taken numerous pictures.  So please if you have any questions or if you would like more pics, just let me know.
  • Please no PL/HOSers.  

I will put scans of the FC and BC in a separate post below.  Any additional pics will be in the spoilers so the thread loads easier and doesn't seem so huge.  I will also reduce the seeable size but you can click to enlarge them.  You can actually scroll through all the images even the ones in the spoilers once you click on an image.

Thanks for looking and PM me any questions.

Books for sale are:

Marvel Family #89 (1945) $180 Now $150 OBO

Last issue with a somewhat foreboding cover with the blurb “And Then There Were None.”  Neat splash on 1st page. Attached with supple pages. FC cover wear with nick on top right corner. Staple rust. Small piece out BC.  All seen in pics.  G+

Funnyman #2 (1947) $200 Now $175 OBO

Siegel and Schuster’s attempt to create a different kind of Superman.  Short-lived run but a fun series (no pun intended).  Cover is by Creig Flessel. Still barely attached and hopefully will stay that way.  Good pages as most of the wear is to the covers.  Splitting along spine.  The last page has a couple of tears on top margin - not into panels.  1.5” top page split in margin of last page.  Little nick on top of pages along spine.  Tried to show all in pics.  Tape can be seen on covers.  G-

Clue Comics #v2#3 (1947) $315 Now $240 OBO

Last issue of this series and rolls into Real Clue Crime Stories.  An absolutely classic bondage cover by Dan Barry - just imagine how much more desirable it would be if that was a girl in bondage.  Kind of hard to find.  I upgraded from this one.  Some great Simon/Kirby art as well as Guardineer.  All that and a Micro-Face story.  I also thought the Pistol Stamp on the 1st page was cool.  Like the MVS.  This is for the Mauser Pistol M’ 98.  Good pages, cover attached but CF is detached.  Good cover gloss.  Biggest issues are on the covers with the doodles although the artist was not bad with the female head profiles - FC and BC.  Writing also on both FC/BC.  1” spine split bottom.  My guess would be G/G+

Star Spangled War Stories #14 (1952) $65 Now $55 OBO

Revolutionary war cover by Leonard Starr.  Interior has some Infantino and Grandenetti art.  All attached and pretty solid.  Browning and minor chips along covers.  Newsstand and date stamp BC. VG/F

Ella Cinders #4 (1948) $40 Now $35 OBO

Swimsuit cover.  Last issue.  Structurally sound.  Attached firmly.  Good pages. Some staining on covers as seen in pics. VG-

Police Comics #110 (1951) $25 Now $22 OBO

Ken Shannon cover by Reed Crandall and interior art.  As seen, extra staples added, tape along spine.  Pages are good and supple with no tears.  Covers good outside the tape/staples. Fair/G

Spy Smasher Miniature #11B (1942) $10 SOLD

This is the version with the Buy War Bonds stamp on BC.  The other version has a blank BC.  Printed in b/w and red with 34 pages.  Has one pretty cool splash page. Attached at staples.  Pencil writing BC.  Some staining.  G-/G

Group of 3 Carl Barks Fanzines (can be shipped first class).  $25 Now $20 OBO

Not GA but appeal to GA duck collectors and are on the cusp of BA so I believe they would be appropriate to post here.  Included are Duckburg Times #10/11 and Duckburg Times #17/18 and Barks Collector #18.  Duckburg Times are double size issues.  Contain some rare artwork from Barks and articles.  Avg. F/VF 

Edited by telerites

Made some price corrections - new prices reflected in first post.  I'm open to reasonable offers or if someone wants to bulk the lot, shoot me an offer.  I will either politely decline, make a counter or accept.

Thanks.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, telerites said:

Star Spangled War Stories #14 (1952) $65 Now $55 OBO

Revolutionary war cover by Leonard Starr.  Interior has some Infantino and Grandenetti art.  All attached and pretty solid.  Browning and minor chips along covers.  Newsstand and date stamp BC. VG/F

Claimed via PM by @Batarag

I had forgotten to officially close this thread so it is now closed.  

Not much interest in these so will either try to sell as a bulk lot with possibly others added or move them elsewhere.

Thanks.