• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling on Ebay

8 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bookaholic said:

Any other suggestions.. planning to start selling stuff - example Spiderman 301-400

What kind of condition are they in?  Some of those (301, 316, 344, 361, to name a few) would do better in slabs if they would make 9.8.

YMMV - ending auctions on weekends tend to be better, I've found Sat night to be best (maybe 8 pm pacific?).

Though many of the best sellers have plenty of success at other times (e.g. comics4something has very successful auctions ending Sun morning into noon).

Include good pictures or scans, preferably both if big $ book - and include backs.  Offer to combine shipping.  If new don't start out saying "NO RETURNS" in big print, especially since with Paypal payments most buyers can return regardless of your policy if they can prove "item not as described." 

I forget what seasons are best - summers are pretty good.  Though I'd stop auctions for the six weeks from around Dec 15 to end of Jan. (Christmas selling might be ok at Thanksgiving to mid-Dec. but after that feebay can be a bit of ghost town based on past years imo).  Currently Playing Movie drives activity a fair bit for relevant keys (in your case ASMs will sell a little better when a Spiderman movie is in theatres).

Just be careful of switching of comics.  Where they claim that your book is not in the condition you said and they will either ask for a partial payment or a full payment and send back to you their under copy while keeping your copy. It happens.