• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9
3 3

272 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ashsaytr said:

pretty certain i'm the guy people want to buy comics from... i went 7.0 / 8.0 :facepalm:

Don't beat yourself up. I've been all over the board.

-1 = 5
3 = 5
5 = 8

Almost hoping to get a pair of 1's in the last round so I can experience the full range of emotions.

Well at least I went in the right direction on both books.  Was debating between 6.5 and 7.0 on book 1 and went 7.0 just because it presented nice but those deep spine ticks had me worried.  Book two was tricky since it was tough telling what was on the slab.  Debated between 9.4 and 9.2 and went 9.2 to be safe.  4 points probably won’t be enough to move up much.

After the train wreck of the last round where I tried to second guess the mischievous mind games of Andy and his CGC cohorts, this time I kept it simple and graded what I saw. I went 7.5 & 8.5 which is about on the money. Depending on the period, of course, but I think most of us are slightly stricter than CGC generally.

7 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

After the train wreck of the last round where I tried to second guess the mischievous mind games of Andy and his CGC cohorts, this time I kept it simple and graded what I saw. I went 7.5 & 8.5 which is about on the money. Depending on the period, of course, but I think most of us are slightly stricter than CGC generally.

Unless it's our own book. Then we can't understand why those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at CGC gave our 9.6 an 8.5. Not referring to myself at all on that comment...

But I do have a couple of raw 9.6's I'll gladly sell. Provided no returns after any future CGC grading.

12 hours ago, WPPJames said:

You probably should reword that before @kav sees it lol But yea, I agree. You get used to seeing and judging books in a certain manner and it becomes automatic. Like when you send an email with a typo/mistake. Miss it the first time and you never catch it on a second read. Without "guidance" from others :banana:

You just better watch yourself.

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

No, I agree with you.  I didn't see that much on the cap book.  

I saw a lot of grime, front and back.