• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9
3 3

272 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

No doubt lol. The fact you didn't leave the convention with his sig pen lodged in your neck indicates he's a pretty cool Dude (for you Kav).

I've always wanted to meet Dawn Wells. Had a crush on her since the time I was 8 years old up until ... however old I am now. 50 something. I spoke with a guy once who's business was basically booking celebs for shows and conventions. Very interesting conversation. I forget all the details, but seems like his company paid them a set fee up front and then hopefully made a profit by charging people like you and me for admission / sigs / etc. He and his partner were responsible for transportation to and from airport; the show and I think sometimes dinners. He had a lot of stories about which celebs were really nice and down to earth and which ones were d*cks. He said Dawn was super nice. He said the absolute worst was Stephanie Powers.

You just wanted to get lost on an island with her.....

Just now, Crops068 said:

You just wanted to get lost on an island with her.....

Her and the perfessor hated being "and the rest" in the theme song they finally got em to change it.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Her and the perfessor hated being "and the rest" in the theme song they finally got em to change it.

Can't say I blame them.  If I was a main cast member I wouldn't want to be pushed off as being a nobody either.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

Can't say I blame them.  If I was a main cast member I wouldn't want to be pushed off as being a nobody either.

credits roll and everyone's name scrolls down then: "the rest-Dawn wells, Ron Hinkley..."

Just now, kav said:

credits roll and everyone's name scrolls down then: "the rest-Dawn wells, Ron Hinkley..."

It to me is like the main characters on episodes of various Sci-Fi shows where it is "also starring so-and-so",  I would want to be in the main part not ALL the way at the end when nobody is watching and could care less.  Granted I skip the intro as soon as possible in every case, THANKS NETFLIX!

It to me is like the main characters on episodes of various Sci-Fi shows where it is "also starring so-and-so",  I would want to be in the main part not ALL the way at the end when nobody is watching and could care less.  Granted I skip the intro as soon as possible in every case, THANKS NETFLIX!

The robot on lost in space was never credited they wanted the kids to believe he was a real robot.

17 minutes ago, kav said:

I heard that Bob Denver went to the producers after Season 1 and had that changed to also give them full billing.

Edited by WPPJames

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

I heard that Bob Denver went to the producers after Season 1 and have that changed to also give them full billing.

I read a history of Gilligans isle and apparently the network was opposed to the show-it made no sense-how can we get the audience to know why they are shipwrecked etc so the dude composed the expositional theme song.  

8 minutes ago, kav said:

The robot on lost in space was never credited they wanted the kids to believe he was a real robot.

Was ALF credited on his own TV show? No idea myself, but would make for a cool bar trivia question.

Edited by WPPJames

4 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

The what show? Finally someone here who might be older than me.

:pullhair:

Just now, Crops068 said:

I watched Nick at Night.....

Y-yeah-me t-too-thats what I did-

That 1 episode in 2005 would have really sold it for you, eh?

That episode was my Huckleberry.