• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Tales to Astonish 93

15 posts in this topic

Hello Josh...welcome to the boards!

This is an example where accurate grading can make a huge difference in value and desirability. The book you've shown has much more wear and tear than a Fine copy should have. A Fine copy has been handled, but some care has been taken with regard to preserving the condition. I would suggest you look at other books that have been graded in the Fine range by CGC, and then compare them to your book---I think the difference will be immediately apparent.

As some of the other graders here have proposed, your book is likely in the Good/Very Good range. I hope this helps, and have a nice day...  :foryou: 

5 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Hello Josh...welcome to the boards!

This is an example where accurate grading can make a huge difference in value and desirability. The book you've shown has much more wear and tear than a Fine copy should have. A Fine copy has been handled, but some care has been taken with regard to preserving the condition. I would suggest you look at other books that have been graded in the Fine range by CGC, and then compare them to your book---I think the difference will be immediately apparent.

As some of the other graders here have proposed, your book is likely in the Good/Very Good range. I hope this helps, and have a nice day...  :foryou: 

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Just recently received a few Silver Age books from my Step-Father but unfortunately most of them aren't in much better shape than this one.

1 hour ago, Josh Ellis said:

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Just recently received a few Silver Age books from my Step-Father but unfortunately most of them aren't in much better shape than this one.

It presents really nicely for the grade. All the flaws are along the outer parts of the book. I don’t see any major rips and the art is nice and clear. 😍

17 hours ago, Josh Ellis said:

You're welcome.

That's not to say these books don't still have value and desirability, because they do. But it's important to know the subtle differences between different grades, even on the lower end of the spectrum.

And that was a very nice gesture on your step-father's part...  (thumbsu