• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signed book from jscott Campbell website (non-slabbed)

8 posts in this topic

I am 100% aware that you need a CGC witness to get the coveted yellow label. With that being I am wondering if anyone has gotten a non slabbed book from the JscottCampbell website  and then got it slabbed? if you did would you mind telling me: 1) if you just took the Green label or the blue label with the lesser grade?  2)  What did you do with the COA? I know CGC wont slab it with

Thank you all in advance for reading and helping out.

Edited by bhagen61

Not me but a friend of mine did, he took the green label and got a 9.2. Said writing on front cover and number written on the back, it was a limited print of 300 or something and his was numbered in pen.

With regards to the COA with my Campbell SS, CGC just send it back with the book in a normal bag and board. I don't know what I did with it might have thrown it away since the yellow label is all the proof I need.

thank you for that. 
I wanted to keep the COA as its at least proof that Its not a fake signaure and just throw in the plastic bag the graded book comes in.

I guess a follow up I have is a Blue Lable vs Green label at the end of the considered  worthless? I mean I never see a green label on Ebay lol

take the green if you can get a 9.8 if you really want to slab.  If you can't get a 9.8, its almost certainly not worth grading.  CGC blue 9.2 moderns generally aren't worth anything, CGC 9.8 green's aren't great either.  There are exceptions though.  If your comic happens to be an exception, it might be worth it, otherwise....no need to slab it.  Throw it in a nice mylar, frame it if you love it, you can always slab it later if for whatever reason it becomes worth it at some point.

I had Mike Zeck sign a SW 8 cover a few years back and he also signed a certificate of authenticity.  If I take that same book back to him next week at bmore con and have him do a small sketch and have it witnessed, can I get a yellow label or has that ship sailed? 

26 minutes ago, icp004 said:

I had Mike Zeck sign a SW 8 cover a few years back and he also signed a certificate of authenticity.  If I take that same book back to him next week at bmore con and have him do a small sketch and have it witnessed, can I get a yellow label or has that ship sailed? 

One thing that COULD happen is they will notate the label something to the effect of "witnessed sketch" and you can get a yellow. It will probably also say something about other writing on the cover, referring to the sig that you already have because it's not witness verified.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, icp004 said:

It's possible you could also end up with the Green-Yellow hybrid.  The only time I can recall seeing them was from some multi-signed books that came out of NYCC a few years ago that had John Byrne on them, but they are out there.  Byrne accounted for the green since his anti-Signature Series stance is well known, and the other witnessed sigs got the yellow.