• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comicon Kansas City March 20-22,2020
1 1

42 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2020 at 7:41 AM, Rhymenoceros said:

I'll be driving down with the wife for a couple days! We haven't been to PCC for a probably 2-3 years. What signs should I look for to be able to spot fellow boardies' booths?  

I will be set up at booth #2216 - Middle School Geek

@D Stuart will be on the other side of me at booth #2117 - CoMo Comics

@mysterio I believe will be set up with his brother at booth #1774 - Monster Lair Comics

I am looking forward to the show and stop on by and say hi.  If anything we can at least direct you a nice BBQ joint after the show!!!!

7 hours ago, SSkufan said:

I will be set up at booth #2216 - Middle School Geek

@D Stuart will be on the other side of me at booth #2117 - CoMo Comics

@mysterio I believe will be set up with his brother at booth #1774 - Monster Lair Comics

I am looking forward to the show and stop on by and say hi.  If anything we can at least direct you a nice BBQ joint after the show!!!!

Thanks - Yeah, Mysterio PMd me.  Looking forward to seeing all you guys in under 2 weeks now! 

9 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Thanks - Yeah, Mysterio PMd me.  Looking forward to seeing all you guys in under 2 weeks now! 

I know the @D Stuart and myself have some great new books we are bringing and Monster Lair has some great stuff as well.

Is everyone still planning on attending?  I can't believe they are still planning on doing the con at this point with all the large events including NBA & NCAA games being affected. I'm sure MANY celebrity guests have dropped out that we haven't heard about, and the con organizers are weighing what to do at this point. 

4 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Is everyone still planning on attending?  I can't believe they are still planning on doing the con at this point with all the large events including NBA & NCAA games being affected. I'm sure MANY celebrity guests have dropped out that we haven't heard about, and the con organizers are weighing what to do at this point. 

If the show happens we will be there, but I’m waiting for cancellation announcements and am also surprised they’re not coming. We have a show this weekend and so far they’re not canceling, but after the new developments like the NBA it’s going to be difficult to justify holding a show. 

On 3/17/2020 at 10:39 PM, mysterio said:

I’m not sure we can do either the new August date or the 2021 show. I’m hoping we’ll be able to get a refund on the table. :wishluck:

Kind of bummed you and Monster Lair won't be able to make it.  

1 hour ago, SSkufan said:

Kind of bummed you and Monster Lair won't be able to make it.  

Refund processed, the management is fantastic to work with. Kudos to them!

We're bummed too, but to be honest even coming for this spring show was a stretch for us in terms of time and geography based on both of our schedules. I hope we can reevaluate that in the future.

Nevermind, just found this on their website:

A message from Christopher Jackson, founder and CEO of PCKC, and the team at Planet Comicon Kansas City:

It is with great regret that we must announce the cancellation of Planet Comicon Kansas City 2020. When the covid-19 crisis struck just days before our March 20-22 show, and the Mayor of Kansas City issued an executive order cancelling all events within the city, we quickly and efficiently rescheduled the show for August 14-16, 2020. A full five months away! At that point, we were very hopeful and optimistic that we would have a grip on the situation and would be able to come back strong in August with an amazing event. Unfortunately, matters have not progressed as we had hoped.

The health and safety of those attending Planet Comicon Kansas City is paramount. After consultations with the convention center management, as well as many exhibitors, creators, guests and fans, we do not see a way to move forward that would allow an event that resembles Planet Comicon Kansas City to proceed while also protecting the health and safety of the thousands of people who attend PCKC. The uncertainties of how to responsibly hold a large event simply are too great.

The cancellation of Planet Comicon Kansas City 2020 is one of the most difficult decisions we have had to make as show organizers. PCKC has been providing quality entertainment to our fans for more than two decades. PCKC provides a venue for fans to meet their favorite creators and media celebrities, to shop for hard to find collectibles, to enjoy the amazing cosplay and props and displays, to game, to attend panels and presentations and nighttime activities, and so much more. It provides a safe venue for geeks to be themselves and to meet other like-minded geeks.

We have developed a community of fans who enjoy and support our show. That support is greatly appreciated. It pains us that we will not be able to provide those things in 2020. However, once it is safe for fans to gather again, we will be back stronger and better than ever.

Thank you again for your support.

22 hours ago, The Commissioner said:

Nevermind, just found this on their website:

A message from Christopher Jackson, founder and CEO of PCKC, and the team at Planet Comicon Kansas City:

It is with great regret that we must announce the cancellation of Planet Comicon Kansas City 2020. When the covid-19 crisis struck just days before our March 20-22 show, and the Mayor of Kansas City issued an executive order cancelling all events within the city, we quickly and efficiently rescheduled the show for August 14-16, 2020. A full five months away! At that point, we were very hopeful and optimistic that we would have a grip on the situation and would be able to come back strong in August with an amazing event. Unfortunately, matters have not progressed as we had hoped.

The health and safety of those attending Planet Comicon Kansas City is paramount. After consultations with the convention center management, as well as many exhibitors, creators, guests and fans, we do not see a way to move forward that would allow an event that resembles Planet Comicon Kansas City to proceed while also protecting the health and safety of the thousands of people who attend PCKC. The uncertainties of how to responsibly hold a large event simply are too great.

The cancellation of Planet Comicon Kansas City 2020 is one of the most difficult decisions we have had to make as show organizers. PCKC has been providing quality entertainment to our fans for more than two decades. PCKC provides a venue for fans to meet their favorite creators and media celebrities, to shop for hard to find collectibles, to enjoy the amazing cosplay and props and displays, to game, to attend panels and presentations and nighttime activities, and so much more. It provides a safe venue for geeks to be themselves and to meet other like-minded geeks.

We have developed a community of fans who enjoy and support our show. That support is greatly appreciated. It pains us that we will not be able to provide those things in 2020. However, once it is safe for fans to gather again, we will be back stronger and better than ever.

Thank you again for your support.

Yeah, I think it was inevitable.  Also there was a pretty substantial increase in vendor booth cost for next year - about 25% increase,  though those that will be transferring their booth space to next year will not have to pay the difference.  

Edited by SSkufan

2 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

Yeah, I think it was inevitable.  Also there was a pretty substantial increase in vendor booth cost for next year - about 25% increase,  though those that will be transferring their booth space to next year will not have to pay the difference.  

Any idea why there is such an increase?