• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Cracking!
1 1

82 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Ugh.  Now I have a reason to re-bag and sleeve my books- you bag yours top first so the tape seal is on the bottom.  So much better!  Heading to the the Gerber site now...

I do that because it makes it harder for small pests to climb in. Unfortunately Houston has a bunch of silverfish and I don't want them eating my paper.

2 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Richard that was a good one. Love the Black Magic work by Kirby. Two questions:

1- what size bags do you use; looks like a 1ML followed by a 2 or 4ML.

2- is that a cub scout WOLF handbook behind you? Brought back some fun memories for me.

Thanks so much. The inner bag is a 1 mil. The outer is a full super gold mylar.

And great eye! I got those scout books in a collection. It amazing the odd stuff that comes along with comic collections.

1 hour ago, AJD said:

Love me some crack action. I cracked one of the other guy's slabs for the first time yesterday and the sucker put up quite a fight, even more than the new CGC ones. Still got my book out though.

I need to do a new video with those. They are actually super easy when you know the secret. Use a big pair of pliers and pop the clips. It will open right up. 

39 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I need to do a new video with those. They are actually super easy when you know the secret. Use a big pair of pliers and pop the clips. It will open right up. 

Thanks, I'd love to see that! CGC slabs are a cinch for me but I just about lost a limb getting the other guys' slab open.

Nice!  I had to figure that out on my own the hard way.

I did tense up a little when the razor was coming so close to the comic.  Then I remembered it was a Star Spangled and relaxed completely. :smile:

4 hours ago, AJD said:

Oh the lives that could have been saved if I'd seen that latest video a week ago...

The first time I tried to get one of those holders open I got so frustrated at the way it was splintering and shattering that I was this close to throwing the whole mess, book and all, across the room.

37 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

The first time I tried to get one of those holders open I got so frustrated at the way it was splintering and shattering that I was this close to throwing the whole mess, book and all, across the room.

that's no way to treat SA Marvels (tsk)

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Now presentation!.  The pages on that one looked amazing.

Whether cracked out or holdered, the grading appeared to be pretty tight, presenting better than an 8.0 from the popcorn gallery.   :popcorn:   

Anyway, a toast to Mr Bedrock for another thrilling episode...

:tink:

On 1/28/2020 at 9:16 PM, AJD said:

Oh the lives that could have been saved if I'd seen that latest video a week ago...

On 1/29/2020 at 1:38 AM, MrBedrock said:

Another great episode!

I literally almost lost an eye trying to open one of these holders. Plastic shrapnel everywhere. :ohnoez: