• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Cracking!
1 1

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I know, right? That is so bass ackwards. Those CVA stickers are priceless. Sadly, I only have one. (The comic book came with it; I haven't gotten around to cropping the comic out of the picture.)

1905161941421.jpg

:takeit:

That book needs to be freed!

On 11/6/2019 at 10:44 AM, MrBedrock said:

Episode 2 is up and running!

Thanks for popping another one Richard. I didn't realize how much those plastic holders aged as shown. Nice to see such a pretty book in the light of day (or fluorescent light of your comic lair)! Looking forward to your next Crackin' adventure. I vote for an early FOX book next time. They have great interiors.

13 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Is it just me, or did Richard take What's Crackin' Episode 2 to a Whole New Level, what with that sophisticated video banter, fine camera work, ease of delivery, and skillful rouge color touch around the cheekbones? 

Maybe Nick Cage gave him a few acting tips while on the phone discussing comics.  :gossip:

14 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Maybe Nick Cage gave him a few acting tips while on the phone discussing comics.  :gossip:

Yeah, you can learn ease of delivery from this guy. :roflmao:

Screenshot_20191109-165138_Gallery.jpg

3 minutes ago, szav said:

You crackers are braver than I am.  I wonder if we'll see a What's Cracking outtakes and bloopers episode someday with all the clips of books getting sliced through with a razor blade...

Yep, that exacto knife gave me the heebie jeebies!

Very short, rejected third installment of...

What’s Cracking! (The lost episode)

Richard, standing, waves to the audience:

“Today we’re going to get into Nick Cage’s collection on...”

Short pause while chorus of office crew finishes the tag-line...

What’s Cracking.”

Smiling, the show’s host conitinues...

”...So, let’s get crackin’!

(Sitting down at his work desk, question marks immediately appear in a word balloon over the host’s head.  On the desk rests a box knife and small vial of white powder) 

Richard (looking around): 

“Wait a minute.  What’s this stuff? ...Where’s that slabbed Mile High comic?”

Chuckles can be heard in the background.

The Director, off-screen, yells, “CUT” as image fades to black.

An NTSC color bar pattern appears followed by a “...to be continued” trailer and Richard’s promo for the next installment of What’s Cracking!

Sorry, no unredacted version of this episode is available for comment!  (shrug)

20 hours ago, szav said:

You crackers are braver than I am.  I wonder if we'll see a What's Cracking outtakes and bloopers episode someday with all the clips of books getting sliced through with a razor blade...

I have only damaged one book in the last ten years. I poked the edge of an Airfighters issue with a screwdriver when the holders didn't have an inner well.

I will make you a promise. If I ever cut my finger we will show it...maybe even embellish it a la Dan Aykroyd on SNL.

Edited by MrBedrock

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I have only damaged one book in the last ten years. I poked the edge of an Airfighters issue with a screwdriver when the holders didn't have an inner well.

I will make you a promise. If I ever cut my finger we will show it...maybe even embellish it a la Dan Aykroyd on SNL.

Make sure to include "Save the CVA label"

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Thanks for posting that, Ben.

You need to get a better actor to play you.  The current one  :p