• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIGGEST MEGA SALE OF 2019 "CLOSED" AND THANK YOU
9 9

147 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

BATMAN #1
CGC Grade: 7.0 FN/VF
Price: $400,000

SPR 1940; OFF-WHITE to WHITE pages. Bill Finger story, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson cover and art. First appearance of the Joker and the Cat (Catwoman). Hugo Strange appearance.

bat_1_70_cgc_2018.jpg

bat_1_70_bc_cgc_2018.jpg

You wake up as a kid, it's the Spring of 1940 and you are eager to read the new Batman #1 just released. You run to your local newspaper stand that has a couple and you buy it with all the money you've saved up from your parents allowance. After reading through an amazing story, you flip the book over to signify completing the read. 

You then see, "CUT OUT AND FRAME" and think....what an idea! I will 1940 CGC this back picture of my two favorite super hero's to save this moment in time. 

Who wants to cut out and frame this comic's back cover for all to see in 2019? lol

19 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Feel like I owe someone money for just looking at this thread.  Truly wow.

feel like the Great Gatsby was hopping about the hood and extended an open invitation to everyone to come out to his party. 

I don't belong here, but here I am anyway lol 

49 minutes ago, Annihilus said:

feel like the Great Gatsby was hopping about the hood and extended an open invitation to everyone to come out to his party. 

I don't belong here, but here I am anyway lol 

The "Lonesome" George Gobel quote comes to mind when he stepped out as Johnny Carson's guest while, still sitting on the couch, was Dean Martin and Bob Hope:  "Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"