• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Juanjo Guarnido, Brian Stelfreeze, con sketching?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Juanjo Guarnido was doing any sketching (beyond quickie head sketches) at NYCC? and if so what his rates were? 

Also, Brian Stelfreeze, what is his current sketching policy at cons? 

I got on Brian's pre-show list, I sent a message to his Facebook Fan Page, the guy who runs that page is kind of like Brian's rep. Brian only chooses the subjects he feels like doing, so even if you get on his list, it's no guarantee he will actually get around to doing it. Thankfully he was really enthusiastic about my character subject choice, Joi from Blade Runner 2049. He had it completed by end of day Friday at the con, and I was thrilled with how it turned out :) Brian is an awesome guy, and really nice to chat to.

70925022_10219978113825035_885584061291036672_n.jpg

71500230_10219978115025065_5274023774230937600_n.jpg

71501656_10219978114665056_4797749009621975040_n.jpg

7 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Brian took a list before the show that filled up quickly. It was posted on his Facebook page.

thanks for the info. ugh... facebook. I used to be on the stelfreeze yahoo email group before it migrated to facebook which I don't use.  

2 hours ago, Revol said:

I got on Brian's pre-show list, I sent a message to his Facebook Fan Page, the guy who runs that page is kind of like Brian's rep. Brian only chooses the subjects he feels like doing, so even if you get on his list, it's no guarantee he will actually get around to doing it. Thankfully he was really enthusiastic about my character subject choice, Joi from Blade Runner 2049. He had it completed by end of day Friday at the con, and I was thrilled with how it turned out :) Brian is an awesome guy, and really nice to chat to.

Beautiful piece. If you don't mind sharing, how much was he charging for that level of detail?

3 minutes ago, MIL0S said:

Beautiful piece. If you don't mind sharing, how much was he charging for that level of detail?

Thanks. It was $400. I think he has a slightly cheaper black and white option, but he wasn't doing those this time around, and he's a master with watercolour so I was always going to go for a colour option. He has more expensive full body options too, costing over 1k. But i don't believe he was taking a list for them either, he seems quite busy at the moment. He only opened his list one week before the convention.