• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - FINAL ROUND 10
4 4

358 posts in this topic

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Pick yourself up... you have Dr. X's holiday thread waiting for you in 2 months...

I hate it when people make excuses for poor performance I watch a lot of kids soccer games.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Very disappointed in my final round.  I am not going to whine, however, like some, that it's all luck or that CGC 'got it wrong'.  This was all me.

Half. 

Worst looking 6.0 I could imagine. Massive fc crease and heavy bc foxing/stains. Blech!

The FF.... I just plumb missed the tear. That one was on me.

But that HOS, wow.

I learned one thing for sure... always sub books through TGH :D

thanks to TGH and sckao for running this, it's always fun to share the ups and downs with others here!

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Half. 

Worst looking 6.0 I could imagine. Massive fc crease and heavy bc foxing/stains. Blech!

But that HOS, wow.

thanks to TGH and sckao for running this, it's always fun to share the ups and downs with others here!

Maybe this is all just a plot to lure us in to slabbing more books...

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Half. 

But that HOS, wow.

:takeit:

29 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

London, ON, Canada.

2 hours from Toronto, 2 hours from Niagara Falls, 2 hours from Detroit, 1.5 hours from Port Huron, MI

So FAR from my house! :cry:

(one day Andy,one day,I promise.)

A 6.0??  I had it as a 4.5 and almost went 4.0.  That back cover is just ugly.  I looked over 10 or so slabs from 5.5 - 4.0 and thought this one was closest to 4.5 so went that route.  Forgot the Canadian bump.  Thankfully went 4.0 on the second but thought it presented pretty close to the 1st one and almost went 4.5 but just too much wear.  2 points is pretty spot on for this year.

Edited by 1Cool

9 minutes ago, grebal said:

Yeah, on the HOS92 I still have a rule in my mind from Overstreet that I can't shake : FINE: no major creases.  Later: major is 2" or longer.

But that so-called "rule" is old news.

What's an Overstreet?

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

A 6.0??  I had it as a 4.5 and almost went 4.0.  That back cover is just ugly.  I looked over 10 or so slabs from 5.5 - 4.0 and thought this one was closest to 4.5 so went that route.  Forgot the Canadian bump.  Thankfully went 4.0 on the second but thought it presented pretty close to the 1st one and almost went 4.5 but just too much wear.  4 points is pretty spot on for this year so I'll take it.

I started at 6.0 due to the crease.

Dropped to 5.0 due to the spine wear.

Another drop for the major bc foxing.

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

What's an Overstreet?

No, I remember anxiously awaiting for the next year's copy to come out so I'd know how much my awesome collection had appreciated. Then going to the local comic shop and buying a Dirt Boy #7 for $0.50 and laughing at the store owner because my Overstreet said it was worth $1.00 (cover price).

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Agreed. It's never "all luck", and CGC graded these well.

funny how they grade well when you personally do well lol 

Thanks so much and It was a fun contest, I finally got the last 2 right and then I changed them again. I see my notes were wrong.

I figured out I was taking off for the normal creasing I'd expect with the damage I was seeing and guessed higher since they were pressed and didn't have the creasing.

Of course 90 percent of you figured that out before me.:shy:

Congrats to everyone!

Edited by skypinkblu