• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9 Results (9 of 10)

54 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Until Brexit?

Brexit will turn the tables on you-you just better watch yourself.

16 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I'll give it the ole college try. (thumbsu 

With 9 rounds under our belts, we see the cream truly rising to the top. :cloud9: 

@ElrodAllWrong stumbles just a little bit and now finds himself tied with @KryptoMayor .

However, they can't feel very comfortable as @Ron C. , @Azkaban, @speedcake, @toro, @Point Five and @TheGeneral are all within striking distance.

Who is going to claim the title of Grand Master Wizard? :baiting:  ...or was it "Champion?" hm 

The rest of the field are still playing, mind you.  Each and every one of these players have their own incentives for wanting to finish.  For some, this is their chance to say "I did it!"  For others, they're trying to improve their position, with full intentions of claiming some desirable bounty.  There are still a few playing because they've just fallen into a trance of rinse and repeat.  For those, the inevitable healing period after the contest ends will seem like an eternity. 

Round 10 begins now! :sumo: 

I asked you this even before the first round, and it still applies today.  Do you feel you're ready?  You're not ready... (tsk) 

I wasn't ready & I'm still not ready!

I did have fun & learn a lot! 

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I can't help myself, I'm looking at the final round books. I was going to wait, but greatness doesn't wait on you. You must reach out and grade it! Er...take it!

some have greatness thrust upon them 2c 

12 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I will personally donate this jewel to the person finishing in 76th place.

US shipping only.

CCF10082019_00000.jpg

:roflmao:I love it!

@WPPJames you are too funny!

I will personally send anyone in the contest who has a "W" & a "P" & "James" in their avatar  this:

thunderstrike 11.jpg

Edited by comics4all

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

The best/worst part is I owned that B&B mini series back in the day! lol

I still have multiple copies. I'm thinking about giving them away for Halloween in lieu of candy. But that seems kinda cruel. And I can just picture the neighbors the next day saying, "Would it have killed you to give my kid a Kit-Kat bar!"

Probably we will do the old tried and true. Turn off all the lights and pretend we aren't home.

2 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I still have multiple copies. I'm thinking about giving them away for Halloween in lieu of candy. But that seems kinda cruel. And I can just picture the neighbors the next day saying, "Would it have killed you to give my kid a Kit-Kat bar!"

Probably we will do the old tried and true. Turn off all the lights and pretend we aren't home.

Why man?!

WHy do you have multiple copies?!!!!

2 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I thought it was a sound investment decision at the time :facepalm:

Actually I have two copies of issue #1. It's not like I have a box full.

Perhaps I should take some photos for insurance purposes in case an unexplained mysterious fire should break out?

Anybody got a light?

Edited by WPPJames

4 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

Perhaps I should take some photos for insurance purposes in case an unexplained mysterious fire should break out?

Anybody got a light?

Maybe B &B was a good investment: first appearance of Hugo Longride!

I heard he is getting his own Hulu TV show! lol

7 hours ago, sckao said:

There are NO TIES in the FINAL RANKING :eek:

If the contest were to end this way, you would be ranked ahead of @kav because you have more bullseyes. (8 to 6)

Just glad the tiebreaker isn't based on least -1's. @kav has me beat on that. I have yet to get a +1 score. I love them -1 and 5's. I'm the Jekyll and Hyde of comic grading.