• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern newsies that are heating up on ebay
3 3

43 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I can find late Marvel newsstands its the DC issues that are really hard at least for me.

I got lucky and ran across this beauty at a local convention a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, it was the sole DC newsstand issue out of 10 long boxes.

Gotham City Sirens 26 Newsstand bagged.jpg

More to the topic of the thread, an ASM 694 came up tonight on the 'Bay and just cleared $100. Seller had a few other very late ASM newsstands in other lots which I grabbed for my run, but didn't need the 694, so just put in a half-hearted bid in case it didn't go very high.

37 minutes ago, Havok Jinx said:

One that I've been trying to have added to the census is Infinity Gauntlet #1.  I'm sure there's a ton of them out there.  I don't think the market even recognizes them, yet.

From 2015?

1 hour ago, Havok Jinx said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but barcode != newstand?

IG1b.jpg.cd608a416668475687b3a63ceb12b30b.jpgIG1.jpg.27820f83555a5d935c593dfd1a1b0184.jpg

Technically yes, but more specifically the bar code that is a bunch of bars and numbers, followed by only 2 numbers and bars, especially on moderns...

27 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume that he means this one in newsstand .... :foryou: 

s-l1600.jpg

Oh nice book! 

Technically not mine yet, I won this issue in 9.8 plus 2 others in the green eggs grading contest this past month...this pic I used was a copy and paste from the interwebs...

Mine Should be here to me on Thursday....

As it will be a new book to me, that was why I was wondering if he meant infinity gauntlet #1 in 2015, but looks like he meant the copper age George Perez one :)

20 hours ago, Havok Jinx said:

One that I've been trying to have added to the census is Infinity Gauntlet #1.  I'm sure there's a ton of them out there.  I don't think the market even recognizes them, yet.

CGC will not recognize newsstand editions separately from Direct editions of IQ #1 because there is nothing substantively different about the two, and CGC doesn't otherwise recognize them.

The Infinity Gauntlet #1 from 2015 does not exist in newsstand; the Marvel newsstand program ended in 2013.