• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> GA & Early SA Romance/Teen/GGA books (Pep 82, Jughead Ann 2, Rocky Lane 1, Nellie 12, More)
3 3

32 posts in this topic

I have a chance to pick up a coveted book locally, but I need to raise some funds. Shipping will be at the cost of the buyer. For US shipments, standard for one book will be USPS 1st class in a bubble mailer for $4.35. Insurance is extra, and is at the discretion of the buyer. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Front and back scans are included, but I am happy to snap close ups with my cell phone if you want a closer look at something else...just ask.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

All, looking at these on my monitor, they look too "white"....even washed out a bit. On my phone, they do NOT look like this. I believe I need to refine my monitor settings because that dust shadow on the right edge of the Jughead is obvious on my phone, but faint on the monitor. Any feedback for me to be sure I don't need to head back to the scanner and redo? Thanks in advance on this. 

1 minute ago, elibowman said:

All, looking at these on my monitor, they look too "white"....even washed out a bit. On my phone, they do NOT look like this. I believe I need to refine my monitor settings because that dust shadow on the right edge of the Jughead is obvious on my phone, but faint on the monitor. Any feedback for me to be sure I don't need to head back to the scanner and redo? Thanks in advance on this. 

Pics seem OK to me. The dust shadow on the Jughead is light, but definitely noticeable. Maybe increase contrast and/or saturation 10%?

Archie's Pal Jughead Annual #2 in 3.0. Some wear and creasing. The spine has quite a bit of wear, but is still pretty solid. The top of it has some splitting, and a bit missing, but generally pretty good for a 65 year old squarebound.

Was $45, NOW $40

20191008_223011553_iOS.jpg

20191008_223024984_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

2 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Pics seem OK to me. The dust shadow on the Jughead is light, but definitely noticeable. Maybe increase contrast and/or saturation 10%?

Light, but noticeable is accurate. I changed to my laptop to take a peek, and all looks better there. I will mess with my monitor settings. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, elibowman said:

Light, but noticeable is accurate. I changed to my laptop to take a peek, and all looks better there. I will mess with my monitor settings. Thanks.

I changed my MacBook color setting from  “Color LCD” to “Generic RGB”. It seems to match better with my pixel phone.

A311F542-1DCB-48D5-A5AF-A57993A4EAD1.jpeg

Humdinger Vol. 1 #4, 1946. I bought this as a 6.0, and I think that's right. Great color on a very detailed cover. solid spine, and nice pages. There is a bit of soiling to the back cover (clear in pics, and nothing too extraordinary). Really sharp copy.

Was $75, NOW $69

20191008_223257934_iOS.jpg

20191008_223312924_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Nellie The Nurse #12 in 7.0. I bough this as an 8.0, but there are two very faint stains that hold it a bit lower for me. The first is under the No. 12, and the second is below their feet. Both are faint. There is a slight corner ding to the top left front cover. Very pretty book, and is a super copy overall.

Was $235, NOW $205

20191008_223601634_iOS.jpg

20191008_223616825_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Pep Comics #82 in 5.0. Staples pulling a bit, but attached. Tiny stain right edge, also a NCB crease that runs from top to bottom about 0.5" in from the right edge (MAYBE you could drop it another half grade for this, but it just looks too good overall to me). Sweet book with great color. There's a 5.5 listed on the bay that I don't think presents as well as this one...no offense if it's your listing.

Was $135, NOW $125

20191008_223818308_iOS.jpg

20191008_223833550_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

This one doesn't really fit with the rest, but oh well. Rocky Lane Western #1 in 4.5. I wanted to say 5.0 because there is a lack of general wear, but the impact at the top middle, the corner missing, the tiny piece missing at the bottom edge, and the tiny spine split at the top (0.25" or less) make me drop it. Really a nice copy overall. OSPG says $125...seems steep.

Was $85, NOW $65

20191008_223916086_iOS.jpg

20191008_223933450_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Secret Hearts #72 in 2.0, Lots of general wear here. Note the stains on the back cover, the dust shadow on back, and the spine is starting to split near the top staple (not a continuous split yet, but paper is starting to give way). 

Was $8, NOW $6

20191008_224000582_iOS.jpg

20191008_224016773_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Wilbur #17 in 2.0. The spine split to the bottom (up to lower staple) is the biggest issue. Also a spine roll is present. Katy Keene pinups are there. A couple tears to the margins on interior pages, and some edge tanning. Katy skis in her bikini on the inside.

Was $20, NOW $15

20191008_224623192_iOS.jpg

20191008_224638006_iOS.jpg

Edited by elibowman