• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel 1000 D23

11 posts in this topic

Mine is headed for grading as well. Went just for Ramos. He did it in red sharpie, kind of caught me off-guard. Wish i would have taken a pic before i submitted so i could put my kind at ease that it looked good!

I'm pretty confident mine will be exactly what I wanted. I cut slots in the bag for them to sign through so I'm confident on placement. Not sure of ink color. At this point I'm more concerned about the grade. I mean, I was super careful with it as soon as I got it from the store. And the guys at the store I trust to handle this one very delicately. I'm really confident it's a 9.6/9.8, but I'm really crossing my fingers on a 9.9🤔🤔 Oh the possibilities of a 9.9 SS on this book. I feel like I heard someone tell me in a post that they got 3 or 4 on theirs, like Quesada, Claremont, I think Ramos and one other maybe. I personally wanted to limit handling and not pay too much for the whole thing.I couldn't get to NYCC this year so I paid someone that does consignments. I might crack it and add more to the back at some point depending on grade. If it comes back 9.9 then it's probably getting sold right out the door. But if it's a hard 9.8 or lower, I might get greedy and see what next year's con schedule lools like. I wanted to keep the front as clear as possible but I feel like signing on the back creates more handling and risk of something happening. But if I was at NYCC myself, I would've still gotten Ramos and Delgado on the front, and went to town on the back. Every Marvel writer, artist, and actor I could fit 😂😂😂 Like a legit 15 or 20x SS 😂😂😂😂

Did you have it pressed? I'm new to SS and I opted for a reg press on it. I think this may have been a mistake as the book was pretty damn solid. Hopefully pressing doesn't cause it to go down in grade. I suppose I could have gotten more signatures, but for me, the cover is super special as it brings together two of the biggest creative influences in my life (Marvel and Disney). I think Ramos captured bringing the two together so beautifully. I also window bagged and liked the placement, just dwelling on the color. I think in the end I will love it. I think if I was going to go to town on signatures, I would do it on another copy of Marvel 1000 or do the back as you mentioned. 

56 minutes ago, Jasten said:

Did you have it pressed? I'm new to SS and I opted for a reg press on it. I think this may have been a mistake as the book was pretty damn solid. Hopefully pressing doesn't cause it to go down in grade. I suppose I could have gotten more signatures, but for me, the cover is super special as it brings together two of the biggest creative influences in my life (Marvel and Disney). I think Ramos captured bringing the two together so beautifully. I also window bagged and liked the placement, just dwelling on the color. I think in the end I will love it. I think if I was going to go to town on signatures, I would do it on another copy of Marvel 1000 or do the back as you mentioned. 

Yeah I just went for fast track press just to give it a nice crispness. I know it was raining alot that weekend, wasn't sure if any extra moisture got to the book. Figured a little can't hurt.

no big deal, but in the event you actually want to make a poll, there is a tool for that

good luck