• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCS asked for some help.
4 4

67 posts in this topic

So, stopped by my LCS to pick up my pull list books and got to talking with the owner.  He said he got a call that someone wanted to bring in some old books to sell.

Guy said he bought them at a garage sale a couple of years back.  I would rather not say what the book is at this time, but, it is an old DC book in a CGC 8.0 case (not sure if blue or purple label).  Looking at the census, there are very few of this book in this grade, only 7 and some are restored..

What I am looking for, here, is if anyone knows of any high dollar DC books that have been stolen.  I am going to e-mail the owner what census info I have and how to verify the serial number of the slab.  The LCS doesn't deal much in CGC books, so, he is not sure how to verify. 

If anyone knows anything that has been stolen, let me know what and I will verify whether it could be the same book or not.

5 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

So, stopped by my LCS to pick up my pull list books and got to talking with the owner.  He said he got a call that someone wanted to bring in some old books to sell.

Guy said he bought them at a garage sale a couple of years back.  I would rather not say what the book is at this time, but, it is an old DC book in a CGC 8.0 case (not sure if blue or purple label).  Looking at the census, there are very few of this book in this grade, only 7 and some are restored..

What I am looking for, here, is if anyone knows of any high dollar DC books that have been stolen.  I am going to e-mail the owner what census info I have and how to verify the serial number of the slab.  The LCS doesn't deal much in CGC books, so, he is not sure how to verify. 

If anyone knows anything that has been stolen, let me know what and I will verify whether it could be the same book or not.

I think we need a bit more info here.  Maybe a bunch of DC slabs have been stolen.  Maybe this is one of them-but which one?

30 minutes ago, kav said:

I think we need a bit more info here.  Maybe a bunch of DC slabs have been stolen.  Maybe this is one of them-but which one?

Trying to avoid posting the book for security purposes, but, ok.  Detective Comics 38.  Not sure what the other book(s) is or are.  There are 3 blue label and 4 restored label in 8.0 on the census.

Edited by aszumilo

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

There was this earlier this year.  Don't know if that included said comic.

So - found at a garage sale - for TEC 38 does not really add up - suspicious for sure ( and the asking price realistically will tell much more) 

That stolen collection - the owner did have a TEC 38 in 8.0........ ( from his registry set) ---  

image.png.19ed150a1d6ff4f8febde9fdb0bc6ad4.png

LOL - trying to delete the one image....  not working so hiding in spoiler tags ..... 

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by W16227

18 hours ago, aszumilo said:

Guy said he bought them at a garage sale a couple of years back....it is an old DC book in a CGC 8.0 case.....Detective Comics 38.

meh

2 hours ago, W16227 said:

That stolen collection - the owner did have a TEC 38 in 8.0........ 

:whatthe:

So give LCS owner cert #, have him call police to do sting, guy comes in with book, if cert # matches they swoop in. Is the LCS in same city as theft?

19 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I am the one who had all those books stolen...and I did have a Tec # 38/ 8.0 (R) in the mix.  How can we get more info?  There was an arrest and a trial coming up for the son as it was a father and son who did the robbery.  The son has been in Arizona although he is a Florida resident.  He has not been allowed to leave the state since January.  If it is my book and it's the son trying to sell stuff in Nevada he has broken his bond and would be in VERY SERIOUS trouble...beside all the trouble he already in as the trial begins soon.  PLEASE get back to me and let me know how we can get more info on this situation...MAYBE just maybe this is them attempting to sell more stuff.  My phone # is 561-886-8777.

Randy

1 hour ago, ALFRED PENNYWORTH said:

Guys!!

I am the one who had all those books stolen...and I did have a Tec # 38/ 8.0 (R) in the mix.  How can we get more info?  There was an arrest and a trial coming up for the son as it was a father and son who did the robbery.  The son has been in Arizona although he is a Florida resident.  He has not been allowed to leave the state since January.  If it is my book and it's the son trying to sell stuff in Nevada he has broken his bond and would be in VERY SERIOUS trouble...beside all the trouble he already in as the trial begins soon.  PLEASE get back to me and let me know how we can get more info on this situation...MAYBE just maybe this is them attempting to sell more stuff.  My phone # is 561-886-8777.

Randy

Go Team! Good luck to you, Randy. This is the place that can help!

Left a private message and also a voice mail for Randy @ALFRED PENNYWORTH with the store info.  I also called the store (and apparently Randy did as well).  Randy gave the store the Cert # and information on the book.  The owner of the store has also called Cosmic Comics, Torpedo Comics, and Maximum Comics and possibly some others.  The guy has not appeared at the store yet, but, he apparently called a couple other stores about selling it.  I will be stopping by the store after work as well.