• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCS asked for some help.
4 4

67 posts in this topic

Do you have the numbers/grande of the other books ? - pm them to AP and he can check if they match up and get you other very numbers. I did scan registry sets that would likely have that book and did not find any other 8.0s 

1 hour ago, aszumilo said:

Left a private message and also a voice mail for Randy @ALFRED PENNYWORTH with the store info.  I also called the store (and apparently Randy did as well).  Randy gave the store the Cert # and information on the book.  The owner of the store has also called Cosmic Comics, Torpedo Comics, and Maximum Comics and possibly some others.  The guy has not appeared at the store yet, but, he apparently called a couple other stores about selling it.  I will be stopping by the store after work as well.

Did the Cert# match up?:popcorn:

4 hours ago, ALFRED PENNYWORTH said:

Guys!!

I am the one who had all those books stolen...and I did have a Tec # 38/ 8.0 (R) in the mix.  How can we get more info?  There was an arrest and a trial coming up for the son as it was a father and son who did the robbery.  The son has been in Arizona although he is a Florida resident.  He has not been allowed to leave the state since January.  If it is my book and it's the son trying to sell stuff in Nevada he has broken his bond and would be in VERY SERIOUS trouble...beside all the trouble he already in as the trial begins soon.  PLEASE get back to me and let me know how we can get more info on this situation...MAYBE just maybe this is them attempting to sell more stuff.  My phone # is 561-886-8777.

Randy

Sure hope to hear some good news.

-your buddy kav

33 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Did the Cert# match up?:popcorn:

he doesnt know as no one's seen the book yet.

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Aww. I thought LCS had it.

No all they have is a shady phone call hey ya wanna buy this slabbed det 38 i got at a yard sale?

So, here is what I know so far.

The apparent thief called a couple of stores, Alternate Reality and Cosmic Comics offering the books for sale.  He did not show up at either as of this time, that I know of.  I stopped by another store, Fandomverse, that is fairly new (opened 1 year ago) and talked to the owner.  Apparently Randy had called them, but, I gave the owner the Cert # and a run down of the events, as he was not there when Randy called.  The owner told me that he heard Torpedo Comics was setting up a sting and LVMPD was going to be there, so, the thief may have called them.  I hadn't heard that from Alternate Reality (he may not have known at the time about it), but, I hope it is true and they catch the piece of dung.

I hung out at Alternate Reality for about 1 1/2 hours and had to go, but, there were a couple other guys that were gonna hang around and help if they came in with the books. 

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

So, here is what I know so far.

The apparent thief called a couple of stores, Alternate Reality and Cosmic Comics offering the books for sale.  He did not show up at either as of this time, that I know of.  I stopped by another store, Fandomverse, that is fairly new (opened 1 year ago) and talked to the owner.  Apparently Randy had called them, but, I gave the owner the Cert # and a run down of the events, as he was not there when Randy called.  The owner told me that he heard Torpedo Comics was setting up a sting and LVMPD was going to be there, so, the thief may have called them.  I hadn't heard that from Alternate Reality (he may not have known at the time about it), but, I hope it is true and they catch the piece of dung.

I hung out at Alternate Reality for about 1 1/2 hours and had to go, but, there were a couple other guys that were gonna hang around and help if they came in with the books. 

Typical thief behavior-he is circling his prey like a shark but he is nervous.  The lure of money will be too great and he WILL come into one of the shops-probably tomorrow.

Good thing thiefs are skittish-gives LCS owners time to ask around and mobilize.  If he didnt call first and just came in cold, he could probably sell it.

3 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

This is exciting. What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person saying he got it in a yard sale. If he had just acted like a collector there might not have been any suspicion 

That would be hard for a dolt tho-shop owner might say something about the purple label and he'd say whats a purple label mean?

Just now, kav said:

That would be hard for a dolt tho-shop owner might say something about the purple label and he'd say whats a purple label mean?

I bet there’s some legitimate slab owners that don’t know what that means. Shop owners too

I am really hoping for an excellent ending to this story where the son broke bail, gets locked up, dad gets locked up too they cough up the location of rest of books and off to prison they go.