• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCS asked for some help.
4 4

67 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, kav said:

I am really hoping for an excellent ending to this story where the son broke bail, gets locked up, dad gets locked up too they cough up the location of rest of books and off to prison they go.

So am I.  Love to see scumbags get what they deserve.

4 hours ago, W16227 said:

Do you have the numbers/grande of the other books ? - pm them to AP and he can check if they match up and get you other very numbers. I did scan registry sets that would likely have that book and did not find any other 8.0s 

I don't have any information on the books being offered.  Only info I have is what Randy has told me about the 2 books being offered.  I will welcome any other info anyone can provide, so, I can pass it along to the stores.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, aszumilo said:

So, stopped by my LCS to pick up my pull list books and got to talking with the owner.  He said he got a call that someone wanted to bring in some old books to sell.

Guy said he bought them at a garage sale a couple of years back.  I would rather not say what the book is at this time, but, it is an old DC book in a CGC 8.0 case (not sure if blue or purple label).  Looking at the census, there are very few of this book in this grade, only 7 and some are restored..

What I am looking for, here, is if anyone knows of any high dollar DC books that have been stolen.  I am going to e-mail the owner what census info I have and how to verify the serial number of the slab.  The LCS doesn't deal much in CGC books, so, he is not sure how to verify. 

If anyone knows anything that has been stolen, let me know what and I will verify whether it could be the same book or not.

THEY AREN'T THAT SMART TO SIGN UP ON THESE CHAT BOARDS...AS I'M SURE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST.....HERE ARE BOTH THE IMAGES OF FATHER AND SON WHO STOLE THE BOOKS.  ALL LCS OWNERS AND MANAGERS SHOULD BE AWARE IN CASE THEY POP INTO THE STORE WITH ITEMS FOR SALE....AS THEY WILL BE MY BOOKS!  THEY ARE TOM WIESBAUER (FATHER) A FLORIDA RESIDENT AND SON PHILIPP WIESBAUER ALSO A FLORIDA RESIDENT.....BUT SHOULDNT BE ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE STATE OF ARIZONA  RIGHT NOW AS HE RISKS LOSING HIS BOND AND BEING SENT DIRECTLY TO JAIL IF HE IS SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!  HE WAS THE ONE CAUGHT WITH THE ORIGINAL FIVE BOOKS AND ARRESTED  IN JANUARY.  SO LET'S HOPE IT'S HIM TRYING TO SELL THINGS IN LAS VEGAS.....AND PLEASE DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO TRY AND HELP ME RECOVER MY ITEMS AND GET THESE TWO PUT  WHERE THEY BELONG...FOR A LONG TIME!

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

Edited by ALFRED PENNYWORTH

On 10/9/2019 at 8:47 PM, aszumilo said:

So, stopped by my LCS to pick up my pull list books and got to talking with the owner.  He said he got a call that someone wanted to bring in some old books to sell.

Did that LCS (or any of the others you talked to) get any contact information for the guy trying to sell the books (name, phone number, email, etc)?

Edited by Domo Arigato

Might want to check Craig List adds also. If this guy does have these books he's going to start getting nervous/despereate,  to unload them, and hopefully do something stupid.

10 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Why do criminals always have the Dumb & Dumber haircut these days?

Right???  Plus the crude facial features.   Crime makes ya ugly.

Would it be funny to take a mega-key book and dress like the Hamburgerlar and act all nervous and go to different comic shops and try to sell it?  

heck it would make more interesting party stories than selling on Heritage.  

this thinking out loud in no way trivializes  having the world’s greatest Batman collection stolen. Sorry that that happened. it appears karma is catching up 

Edited by NoMan

On 10/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, NoMan said:

“Where did you find that early 70s Paul Newman Rolex Daytona?”

“oh, some yard sale.”

That's where I got my Lamborghini Aventador...$25 at a garage sale.

Of course, that garage sale was in Bel Air, so....