• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massacred on eBay tonight by Godzilla.
2 2

129 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, NerdingOut said:

FYI - I bid $252 on the #12. Not sure why I wasn't offered a second chance at that price. But, I'm happy to have grabbed if for $175. My losing bids were #12 - $252, #13 - $225 ( I have a CBCS 9.8 WP at CGC for crossover regrade now. So, I wasn't as committed to this one), #18 - $185. All of those were last minute snipe bids that weren't good enough to win. There was just more competition among a very few of us who we're willing to go well beyond GPA to lock up books that don't come up often. As I said, I felt pretty confident those bids we're well more than enough and it turned out some of you guys we're willing to do even more.

He lowered the price for me not you lol:pullhair:. I was just waiting for him to get rid of the shipping cost.

Im hindsight  I should have just bought it and not pay for it until he got rid of the shipping (which we had agreed too via email). 

And it sounds like I saved you $75! You owe me:roflmao:;-).

Edited by Xenosmilus

Boardie Pickycollector had a Godzilla raw run for sale around here a while ago. And if it was from Pickycollector's collection, well, it's probably better than a 9.8.

Edited by NoMan

4 hours ago, Foley said:

Was anyone bidding last night wearing one of these?

Not me. I do have a Grand Seiko SBGR023 tho!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=1841774&rid=0

Here's what someone says on the Seiko forum about the Godzilla Grand Seiko (I know you don't care):

The strength of the Grand Seiko watch is met with the power and force of the king of monsters and with it a brand new creation in the sport collection is born. 

The creature makes its fierce presence on the watch in a number of ways. Godzilla's signature roar and the "heat ray beam" that it shoots from his mouth to strike his opponents is expressed in the rays of the red dial. 

Edited by NoMan

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Boardie Pickycollector had a Godzilla raw run for sale around here a while ago. And if it was from Pickycollector's collection, well, it's probably better than a 9.8.

I don’t think it’s his collection. I think he had the raws  posted a few weeks back and also he said he would not break up the run (I asked). It was all or nothing, very picky lol.

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

I don’t think it’s his collection. I think he had the raws  posted a few weeks back and also he said he would not break up the run (I asked). It was all or nothing, very picky lol.

Just tell him pressing isn't restoration and start sending him money. 

Edited by NoMan

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

It is still available for sale :shy:

4 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

They are the books from my collection, that is why I don't want to break the run.  it seems cheap now that I see this eBay insanity.

5 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

It is still available for sale :shy:

They are the books from my collection, that is why I don't want to break the run.  it seems cheap now that I see this eBay insanity.

It's only for the 9.8's.  I think the ones that can get good money are 6,8 and 14. Big money 12,13,18 and 23, REALLY big money 15,16,17 and 24. Just my 2c. Anything else I'd say $100-ish.

Edited by Xenosmilus

21 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

My fear may have come true.  That auction might have driven up the prices for Godzilla's,  There is a 9.8 #23 for sale on eBay for $250 :facepalm:.  I spent $200 on mine and that that was overpriced!

You just made $50!!  :golfclap:

tumblr_nb3o82qWq61qaqx8xo1_500.gif

20 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I’ll just stick with my quest for a nice complete raw set. The premium for these 9.8s seems a little nuts 

I like the "the hunt" for them plus I think they are easier to sell if I want to unload them. They are/were relatively cheap also...

Edited by Xenosmilus