• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massacred on eBay tonight by Godzilla.
2 2

129 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, joeypost said:

About 8 years ago Earl Shaw brought a bronze/copper/modern collection to Heroes that had multiples of every issue of Godzilla. I purchased 50 copies from him (two complete sets) and had Herb Trimpe sign 1-24 for me. I got many 9.8’s out of both batches  

Earl was selling them for $1 each. 

And I bought some of them (thumbsu

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Then dealers should kindly bring along more copies? I looked for Godzilla at every single dealer I stopped by over four days at NYCC. Only one had more than at most a handful of issues, and those copies were mostly mid grade fillers. Most had none at all. No, I don’t ever look for 9.8 candidates only. I do look for VF or better. 

I’m sure eBay will provide many issues I’m looking for , but I like to get them here or there at shows. I have #1-12 , and those are the issues I mainly see when a dealer does happen to have any at all. 

Did you look in the $1 and $2 and $3 boxes? That's where I would look for them 

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Period, huh. Ok! discussion over.  I never said it was hard to get. All I said was I looked for it at NYCC, a single show, and found one dealer who bothered to bring the run.  I'm certainly not getting involved in some omgosh 9.8 only rawr! tit for tat over this.  I do not care about it that much.

Were js comics or zapp there? I would expect to find some decent copies in their $2 or $5 boxes. Although I have now missed the last 2 nycc.

Edited by the blob

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Did you look in the $1 and $2 and $3 boxes? That's where I would look for them 

I did look through quite a few of these types of boxes, but obviously not all of them.  If they were at least somewhat organized alphabetically I hit those for sure.  I dug through Zapp's boxes and didn't find any of the second half of the run that I need,  I'll find them in the condition I want eventually, but they've been good at hiding lately. 

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I did look through quite a few of these types of boxes, but obviously not all of them.  If they were at least somewhat organized alphabetically I hit those for sure.  I dug through Zapp's boxes and didn't find any of the second half of the run that I need,  I'll find them in the condition I want eventually, but they've been good at hiding lately. 

Honestly, I had never paid attention to the run and probably passed on nice copies in cheap boxes while acquiring My 15th copy of asm 172. My mistake.

Edited by the blob

On 10/19/2019 at 1:11 AM, the blob said:

Were js comics or zapp there? I would expect to find some decent copies in their $2 or $5 boxes. Although I have now missed the last 2 nycc.

I think you mean JC comics. JS comics is the Ebay seller,different dealer.

11 minutes ago, Zapp Comics said:

I think you mean JC comics. JS comics is the Ebay seller,different dealer.

Isn't J&S comics in Neptune nj and JC in Plainfield? But now I can't remember who always has a big nycc set up. 2 middle aged guys, one dude is pretty intense and other dude is a pharmacist or podiatrist or something? In any event you'd probably be more likely to have a high grade copy of a Godzilla book.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Isn't J&S comics in Neptune nj and JC in Plainfield? But now I can't remember who always has a big nycc set up. 2 middle aged guys, one dude is pretty intense and other dude is a pharmacist or podiatrist or something? In any event you'd probably be more likely to have a high grade copy of a Godzilla book.

Right, JS Neptune, JC North Plainfield. JC is the NYCC exhibitor. Yes, pharmacist. To my knowledge, JS never exhibits there. Godzillas aren't in the bargain boxes anymore unless low to mid-grade.

Just now, Zapp Comics said:

Right, JS Neptune, JC North Plainfield. JC is the NYCC exhibitor. Yes, pharmacist. To my knowledge, JS never exhibits there. Godzillas aren't in the bargain boxes anymore unless low to mid-grade.

I was thinking your $5 or $10 boxes. Some good shyt in there.