• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art DPS Thread
1 1

130 posts in this topic

I haven't contributed much to any of the "show your xxx" threads, but DPS is probably the rarest type of pages (especially double page splashes instead of double page spreads).  

Each comic book has a cover.  99% of comic books has at least 1 splash.  Not al comic books have a DPS, and you need to buy 2 pages to get one! (I have bought half a DPS a few times in my collecting journey)

Rather than link them all, I will use CAF's feature:

Link to my double page spreads

link to my double page splashes

Thanks for looking

Malvin

Mike Deodato Elektra v. 2 #14 pp. 2-3 DPS (1998) - this is the first piece of OA I ever bought, after stumbling upon it on eBay in late 2002:

757887575_MikeDeodatoElektra14p2-32019scan.thumb.jpg.2777b406ba1cc24e80a8c358b7b51e9b.jpg

Billy Tucci - Shi: The Way of the Warrior #3 DPS (1994) - one of the definitive "Shi" images, used for posters and merchandising back in the day:

1095142194_BillyTucciShiWOTW3DPS2019photo.thumb.jpg.0fe2206aab0d8a8bdac73d37d1660af5.jpg

Edited by delekkerste

I've got a few good ones!

X-Men DSP with Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Colossus, Phoenix, Beast, Magneto & Dr. Doom!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1311085

X-Men DPS featuring Wolverine!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1401404

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Mike Deodato Elektra v. 2 #14 pp. 2-3 DPS (1998) - this is the first piece of OA I ever bought, after stumbling upon it on eBay in late 2002:

757887575_MikeDeodatoElektra14p2-32019scan.thumb.jpg.2777b406ba1cc24e80a8c358b7b51e9b.jpg

Billy Tucci - Shi: The Way of the Warrior #3 DPS (1994) - one of the definitive "Shi" images, used for posters and merchandising back in the day:

1095142194_BillyTucciShiWOTW3DPS2019photo.thumb.jpg.0fe2206aab0d8a8bdac73d37d1660af5.jpg

Wow that’s a great one. I loved Billy’s Shi art. I bought all those original issues based on the art with zero knowledge of the storyline.

Appreciate you showing the first piece you bought. The Deodato must be special to you not just for the art but story of obtaining it.

Cheers

1 hour ago, malvin said:

I haven't contributed much to any of the "show your xxx" threads, but DPS is probably the rarest type of pages (especially double page splashes instead of double page spreads).  

Each comic book has a cover.  99% of comic books has at least 1 splash.  Not al comic books have a DPS, and you need to buy 2 pages to get one! (I have bought half a DPS a few times in my collecting journey)

Rather than link them all, I will use CAF's feature:

Link to my double page spreads

link to my double page splashes

Thanks for looking

Malvin

The PWJ 7 DPS got my blood racing. Love your DPS collection. The Jim Lee Wolverine ripping across two pages from one of my favorite comic stories was my favorite though.

S N I K T 

24 minutes ago, vodou said:

New math: a cover = 1 + hundreds of variants ;)

I’ll add it to all my other formulas.

This OA collecting is more involved then outsiders could ever understand.

🍇 🦍

13 minutes ago, Timely said:

I've got a few good ones!

X-Men DSP with Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Colossus, Phoenix, Beast, Magneto & Dr. Doom!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1311085

X-Men DPS featuring Wolverine!

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1401404

Lopresti nailed his DPS wow holy cow!!

Greg Land draws larger then life on his DPS !!

Gee thanks for sharing those examples.

🍇 🦍

2 hours ago, davidtere said:

hDIp6Geb_0910171356121sbpi.JPG

A DPS from DC Comics 1st issue Special # 5. From the same chap that Mr. GlendGold doesn't recall his name (that was my morning chuckle...thanks Glen)

Always loved this one by whatsisname.  Berry often had trouble with line weight, but not here -- he did a great job. Plus: It's SO WEIRD.

Edited by glendgold