• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art DPS Thread
1 1

130 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2019 at 12:00 PM, lobrac said:

MASTER OF KUNG FU #111 pages 26-27 by Gene Day and Rick Magyar (Marvel, 1982)

The DC war comics DPS (pages 2-3 title pages) were some of the coolest in all of comics. Here are two: OUR ARMY AT WAR #236 page 2-3 (DC, 1971) and OUR ARMY AT WAR #253 page 2-3 (DC, 1973), both by Russ Heath!

MOKF 111.jpg

OAAW 236.jpg

OAAW 253.jpg

All three of those are badass!

On 2/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, dichotomy said:

Great thread! Oddly, a DPS is not something I ever look for, but it turns out I've ended up with a few. All on the modern side. I've also included 2 wraparound covers. 

Two from the Adam Hughes story in FF 650 - both are loads of fun to look at and rendered as only AH! can. 2 boards each.

Three from Silver Surfer Black #3, single boards. Tradd the Madman Moore

Absolute Carnage / Immortal Hulk on 2 boards by Filipe Andrade

Shazam! #9 on 2 boards by Marco Santucci - Shazam facing down Black Adam and the 7 Sins

The wraparound covers are coincidentally both by Hitch, one is recreation/modification of The Authority #1 cover (with Neary), and one is an unused JLA cover. 

^^

On 10/10/2019 at 1:10 PM, davidtere said:

hDIp6Geb_0910171356121sbpi.JPG

A DPS from DC Comics 1st issue Special # 5. From the same chap that Mr. GlendGold doesn't recall his name (that was my morning chuckle...thanks Glen)

So much Kirby! When people doubt his place on the top artist of all time it's images like this that I pull up. Just in a class by himself. 

I'm going to cheat. It's not a DPS in the classic sense; it's really a 2-page synopsis of a famous Legion of Super-Heroes story - The Trial of Star Boy. Star Boy killed a criminal when he used his powers to save his life. It wasn't intentional and no criminal charges were filed, but Legionnaires don't kill.
1530913003_SwanCurt(pencils)andLarryMahlstadt(inks)-LSH(1983)306Pg17-18(smaller).thumb.jpg.dbfa5d911ed2f253df6aae8ae80e2caf.jpg

Hope you enjoy it.