What is the first comic you remember buying/having as a kid?
5 5

123 posts in this topic

805 posts
Posted (edited)

I started this question in another thread and it seemed popular so I moved it to its own thread.

Mine was Godzilla (Marvel 1977) issue #20. The Thing and Godzilla! What could be better! I think it was my older brothers and I stole it :roflmao:.

3377039_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by Xenosmilus

41,041 posts

squirrel?  (shrug)

49,413 posts

That Action cover is on ebay-boy would i love it.  The OA to the first comic I ever read.

12,698 posts

I remember the day pretty well. My mom gave me a dollar for the quarter bin. I grabbed a Whitman Super Friends comic, that Saint Francis comic from Marvel, a religious comic called Crossfire, and Run Baby Run. Still have 3/4 

857 posts

I know I had comics before this, but this is one of the times I remember my Dad sending me into the comic shop while he went next door to try and get the business from a pizza shop there.

Infinity_Gauntlet_1-SS_NoSerial.jpg.5623ae578171bd13db6671f88d8f30e5.jpg

2,814 posts

Iron Man #77.  Bought it off a friend for $1.00.  I overpaid for it, since it was a new comic on the stands at the time, but, it was the coolest thing I had ever seen at that time.  It probably is still worth $1.00 now, so, I think I broke even (after almost 45 years).  I still have it to this day..

10,325 posts

Having - Fantastic 1, UK reprint comic featuring The X-Men.

(3 years old)

Buying - Avengers 120

(9 years old)

307 posts

I may have had others but the one I remember most was Batman 251. I remember how this cover amazed me, I couldn't stop looking at it.

image.png.e3c9ab8b8442d3ee46f8fe432cf9ed61.png

7,428 posts

Bought this book at a local convenience store off the newsstand. Remember it clearly. My grandmother won a few bucks on a Bingo scratch-off ticket and gave me the money to get something I wanted. The rows of comics caught my eye. I'm not sure why I picked this one, but it resulted in a spider-man addiction for a while.

image.thumb.png.1842202d3d6de2390a6d0c6e17ad33db.png

3,560 posts

I don't have it anymore

I dont remember weather it was batman or detective comics but it had a wicked picture of two face on the cover