• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the first comic you remember buying/having as a kid?
5 5

145 posts in this topic

I started this question in another thread and it seemed popular so I moved it to its own thread.

Mine was Godzilla (Marvel 1977) issue #20. The Thing and Godzilla! What could be better! I think it was my older brothers and I stole it :roflmao:.

3377039_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by Xenosmilus

Iron Man #77.  Bought it off a friend for $1.00.  I overpaid for it, since it was a new comic on the stands at the time, but, it was the coolest thing I had ever seen at that time.  It probably is still worth $1.00 now, so, I think I broke even (after almost 45 years).  I still have it to this day..

Bought this book at a local convenience store off the newsstand. Remember it clearly. My grandmother won a few bucks on a Bingo scratch-off ticket and gave me the money to get something I wanted. The rows of comics caught my eye. I'm not sure why I picked this one, but it resulted in a spider-man addiction for a while.

image.thumb.png.1842202d3d6de2390a6d0c6e17ad33db.png