• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the first comic you remember buying/having as a kid?
5 5

145 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I have kavs artwork next to my Neal Adam's commission, and my Stan Lee signed cartoon cel.😎

He has trip wires on my piece tho.

Now that’s an absolutely superb post.  

Pretty much the exact same evolution that I experienced while developing as a UK-based collector during the same period.

If only my parents could have predicted that giving a copy of Fantastic 1 to a three-year-old would end up having such intense and long-lasting consequences. lol

Edited by Ken Aldred

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, Norrin's lawyer said:

My first comic was the one in my avatar (picture below, but not the actual copy in my collection).  I still love the cover!  My mom bought it for me at the supermarket when I was about four.  I probably read it a hundred times.  My mom was the one that bought me most of my early comics.  She would bring home a stack when I was sick in bed.  Also, when I left for college, and became distant from the hobby and interested in less noble pursuits, she would swing by the LCS and pick up those the owner held in my file, and I would read through them in one evening when I would come home to visit.  I made it my avatar to honor her because of recent health struggles. 

I pulled this special book out from the box the other day and I had to post a scan of it.  It is amazing how holding something like this can transport you back in time... :cloud9:

IMG_20191026_0002.thumb.jpg.8447601e9a6322e9eac307a31648b05f.jpg