• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...Opinions about CPR on Amazing Adventures #11 (CGC 9.4) With Close Up Photos Added
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I'm really on the fence on this one.  I know a clean won't really help with the fingerprints, but the bends should come out.  Was graded in 2001.  Grader notes attached.

Opinions requested, please.  Thanks, Paul~ 

07/04/01

Amazing Adventures 11

3/72

WHITE

Gerry Conway story

Tom Sutton and Syd Shores art

Gil Kane and Bill Everett cover

1st appearance of the Beast with fur.

1st appearance of Carl Maddicks.

X-Men appearance in flashback.

Left Bottom Front Cover Bend

Left Bottom Front Cover Small Wear

Right Bottom Back Cover Bend

Right Center Back Cover Lite Bend

Right Top Front Cover Lite Fingerprints

Right Top Front Cover Wear

Amazing Adventures #11-F.jpg

Edited by picon3
added photos

1 hour ago, picon3 said:

Lite Bend

Lite Fingerprints

Does CGC really use this spelling of "light"?

I know it's maybe not technically wrong to do so, but in anything but the most informal writing, or if talking about food, it seems so.

Not a fan :sick:

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

But a back cover scan is needed really.

Thanks for thoughts so far.  I'll shoot some pictures of the back cover this evening and post them. I'll also shoot close up shots of the front corners as well.  

BTW, I agree about "lite" versus "light".  (tsk)

Paul~

3 hours ago, Foley said:

Does CGC really use this spelling of "light"?

I know it's maybe not technically wrong to do so, but in anything but the most informal writing, or if talking about food, it seems so.

Not a fan :sick:

Back in 2001, the graders had to actually type the information into the system (they now reportedly use a drop-down menu to choose specific comments). In the early years, anything that could facilitate easier or quicker note-taking was employed, including spelling the word "light" as "lite."   :foryou:

Concerning the book, those flaws must be pretty minor for it to still receive a 9.4. And if this book was given white pages back then, they really must be white---CGC was pretty tough on page quality back in those days. Anyway, good luck and have fun...

Thanks to everyone who responded. 

I've decided to leave it as is. 

Just too many issues for a CPR candidate. 

Anyone want to move a 9.6 Amazing Adventures #11? 

Paul~

I am not trying to be insulting to a fine book. but honestly I am amazed that it graded out 9.4 

If I were selling this book I would have put 9.2-9.4 depending on how much cleaning and pressing I had to do/// maybe 9.4 but I would be leaning 9.2 but then I tend to err on the conservative side rather then have someone feel cheated. It is a great book

6 hours ago, Arak Zantara said:

I am not trying to be insulting to a fine book. but honestly I am amazed that it graded out 9.4 

If I were selling this book I would have put 9.2-9.4 depending on how much cleaning and pressing I had to do/// maybe 9.4 but I would be leaning 9.2 but then I tend to err on the conservative side rather then have someone feel cheated. It is a great book

CGC always followed the philosophy of "giving a book the highest grade they could without being wrong." That's one of the reasons why many of the books we see posted here often appear to be loosely graded. For example, if the graders were between a 9.2 and 9.4, they would almost always choose the higher grade...   

Thank you so much for that Lions Den, That really clears up a lot of confusion for me.*scratches behind the ears* " Good Kitty"

I had gone 25 years never paying for the service or even owning one . and then like a lot of people left the hobby in the mid/late 90's

Now that I have returned this year , its different when I look at books I see mostly $ signs with the occasional nostalgic moment... the reason why I would love a reader copy of DareDevil #168-190 is after watching Netflix trash Elektra ( the only thing the NF Elektra had in common with the comic Elektra  was the name and some sort of similar  fighting abilities  .. I hope to recapture by reading it a second time

Edited by Arak Zantara