• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halloween Sale - *ADDED Sensation #1, Tales of Suspense #39*, Adv. 40, ASM 3, Supes 3, Avengers 9, FF 36

50 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Well, i decided to add a mega key book.  With all the talks and hoopla regarding the Heritage Marvel 1, why not test out the waters for my lowly entry level poor copy hehe.  At least with this one, there is no controversy about whether the book got upgraded or what not, you know what you will be getting.  

Because of the high value, I will only accept checks in any form (must clear first) and time payments as mentioned above are welcome as well (please PM me to inquire).  Without further adieu here goes:

Marvel Comics #1 Poor "Nov." copy (missing back cover).. "Oct" showing through black dot variant! Complete, no loose pages, front cover attached to back of last page with tape.  Bottom left corner starting with last page, pieces missing in the corner roughly around 6 pages affected from what I recall, does not affect story.  Beautiful offwhite, supple pages.  Again an excellent entry-level copy just to have.

Price: SALE PENDING! (a 1.0 sold last year for around $52,580, don't know what the last copy sold for similar to mine)

Marvel 1.jpg

Marvel1 back NEW.jpg

:x Always liked the sept 13 arrival date on the cover which was 13 days after the OCT run was initially released. They sold like hot cakes. 

Edited by Primetime

19 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it re-grades as a 9.0.  It's a beauty!

I bought another Avengers #9 CGC 8.0 a couple years ago from the same grading period (2004) and it looks more like a 9.0 if I compare it to other grading periods so I would not be surprised

4 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I bought another Avengers #9 CGC 8.0 a couple years ago from the same grading period (2004) and it looks more like a 9.0 if I compare it to other grading periods so I would not be surprised

hm Maybe I should take it down and have it re-graded..

17 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I cracked it and it now proudly sits in a Mylar. Looks better than most CGC 9.0 that I own. Yours seem also to be another example of "Buy the book, not the label". I am surprised it did not sell yet, I would have jumped on it if I didn't have it already.

1213496734_Avengers9.thumb.jpg.3256038f595d34100dcfb30f0074c716.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

hm Maybe I should take it down and have it re-graded..

I also own other early FF issues from the same period graded from 7.0 to 8.5 and they all look better than their grade and would probably grade much higher today with a straight resub without any pressing.

Your copy seems to be a no-brainer purchase and I am stunned that it is still unsold :preach:

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Beautiful copy Pickycollector!  I looked over my copy again and noticed that the spine tick marks on mine are shorter and fewer than your copy, especially mid going down where it's pretty clean. 

Your picture does not show much of your book but the spine on yours looks better indeed, the upper edge seem to be the main thing.

Once again, I think your copy will make a buyer very happy if they prefer to buy a book rather a number on the upper left corner of the slab. You may even want to keep it for yourself, you are the better judge.

32 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Your picture does not show much of your book but the spine on yours looks better indeed, the upper edge seem to be the main thing.

Once again, I think your copy will make a buyer very happy if they prefer to buy a book rather a number on the upper left corner of the slab. You may even want to keep it for yourself, you are the better judge.

Ah ok I am convinced.  I'll give it until today up for sale for the price.  If it doesn't sell today, I'll take it down :p and resub myself. I think that's fair.