• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rebag and board?
1 1

34 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

The latter is less transparent (cloudier) but tends to turn yellow over 10 years or so and can even get a little sticky with adjacent bags.  My experience is that I have found books that were stored in polyethylene bags for 30 years and the bags looked atrocious- yellowish brown, sticky, kind of like a nasty nicotine stain.  Yet when I pulled the books out, they were glossy, fresh and had white pages.  

+1. Many times I've been in for a nice surprise when I pull an old comic out of a nasty-looking polyethylene bag!

Regarding pricing of bags & boards... shop around. You can find good deals on e_Bay, especially if you're buying in bulk.

I've had a good experience with Ready-Set-Collect and Sharp Brothers Gaming.

Edited by adampasz

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Way to miss the point, Boltman.  :facepalm:

The point is that you posted "Typical plastic bags sell in packs of 100 and run about $15-$20 for each pack."

If you're paying that much for bags and they aren't Mylar, you're :screwy: Telling newbs that they should expect to pay that much for poly bags is :makepoint:

3 hours ago, shadroch said:

The closest comic shop to mine is 63 miles away. What is stupider? Driving there to pay $8 or ordering by mail?  

that's easy drive... of course why would you deny yourself the lovely voyage and sights that you would miss as well as the potential "rest" stop to recharge and fuel up by ordering it in the mail lol 

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

The journey is the destination.

:gossip: umm I think the journey is the journey lol 

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

"Part of the journey is the end."

that is correct key word is "part" our other poster friend said the journey is the destination inferring that the entire journey is the end, but the reality is that its only part of it... lol it's Friday!! 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

that is correct key word is "part" our other poster friend said the journey is the destination inferring that the entire journey is the end, but the reality is that its only part of it... lol it's Friday!! 

Don't judge him. Maybe his entire journey is the end.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

No judgements here. To each their own I say. Just a philosophical sentence meaning debate.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Assuming we have a finite amount of time, every minute spent enjoying the journey is a minute less you will spend at your destination, which is the reason for the journey in the first place.

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

download.jpg

to get even more heavier... 

wouldn't the his journey be the end be counter intuitive to the journey as the journey could be thought of as a process of movement whether its in time or at a certain place/space the journey would be the passing of the time or moving to/thru or after that time and space. where the end is a reference to a specific time or specific space/place. so the end therefore can't be a journey by its self as its the not a process or action of movement through time or space/place. 

wow its Friday lol 

3 hours ago, Krismusic said:

:gossip: umm I think the journey is the journey lol 

Lol, I'm such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.  I totally meant the destination is the journey or some such.

Or Life is a Journey, not a destination.

Or Some will win, some will lose, some were born to sing the blues.  Oh wait, those are Journey lyrics.

:roflmao:

Edited by ExNihilo