• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk #181! - Grade is in!

38 posts in this topic

How much did they charge to grade this?  I know this is an expensive key book, and a buddy of mine has this and ASM 129 in incredible condition, but his worry has always been how the charge for books that are valued over $1,000.  (Isn't there a percentage cost tacked on?)  Anyways, I was just wondering how that is determined on something like this...  Like he said, he doesn't want to give up his books, but what happens if it comes back as a 9.8 and is now worth 50K.  He's afraid to get a notice saying he now owes $5,000 to get his book back!

On 11/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, Stewman said:

How much did they charge to grade this?  I know this is an expensive key book, and a buddy of mine has this and ASM 129 in incredible condition, but his worry has always been how the charge for books that are valued over $1,000.  (Isn't there a percentage cost tacked on?)  Anyways, I was just wondering how that is determined on something like this...  Like he said, he doesn't want to give up his books, but what happens if it comes back as a 9.8 and is now worth 50K.  He's afraid to get a notice saying he now owes $5,000 to get his book back!

Without discounts for subscriptions, the CGC grading fee for a book between $1000 and $3000 is $100 (express: five days). Over $3000, it's 3% with a $150 minimum (walk-through: same day).

If they were my books, I'd do the $100 express level for each. I've never had CGC bump up my fee, and they once turned a $5000 book of mine (paid $150) into a $30,000 book.

Edited by oldrover

On 10/31/2019 at 12:01 PM, oldrover said:

Well, the comic certainly doesn't look...

AdorableRedDikkops-size_restricted.gif

...this bad. :)

I was thinking of this episode at the bottom of the previous page LOL.  "Sometimes you say things just to be polite." (?) Where's Kramerica?? I need a Seinfeld quote check.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Oh, come on, you know damn well that not all babies are cute.

I've seen some really, really, ugly babies in my time.

Truth hurts sometimes! :bigsmile:

This makes me think of a brief routine by George Carlin:

"First of all, they're not all cute. Okay?  In fact, if you look at them closely, some of them are rather unpleasant looking. And a lot of 'em don't smell very good either, all right?  Some of the really little ones seem to have kind of a sour milk and urine combination going on.  Stay with me on this, the sooner you face it, the better off you're gonna be.
Second premise: Not all children are smart and clever.  Got that?  Kids are like any other group of people.  A few winners, a whole lotta losers.  There are a lotta loser kids out there who simply aren't going anywhere ....
"

Joe