• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest - FINAL RANKINGS and AWARDS
1 1

51 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, KryptoMayor said:

I live in California myself, but I really do appreciate the camaraderie these Boards offers. I spend many hours here and it’s a huge honor to be a participant in such a great tradition.  May sound strange, but I idolize many members here and I have learned a great deal about the hobby I enjoy. Playing in the Green Eggs Grading Contest felt more like an outing with friends, then a distant contest with strangers. Thank you everyone and especially to those who made the contest possible. 

Funny story, but I was very excited when the final rankings came out. My wife asked me why I was so happy and I told her I won. She was shaking her head and said, “okay.” I told her, “You don’t understand, I’m the geekiest of all the comic book geeks!” (It sounded way cooler in my head). 

it is a great honor to be known as a current/former Green Eggs grading champion imo (worship)

Congrats to everybody! My hypothetical track-along score (I found the contest late): hypothetical 50 point for hypothetical 40th place. Pretty happy since I only started collecting comics , erm, last month... We'll see how I do where it counts - the books I sent in for grading two weeks ago.

10 hours ago, sckao said:

Thanks. :foryou: It seems like the same names come up over and over for a lot of the community events that happen on these boards. Andy’s is one of those names and his generosity with his time and with his prizes are pretty amazing. It’s also been a treat to watch his youngsters grow with each video reveal.  I’m glad to see some new Board names step up to keep some of these events going.

This Contest wasn’t the first Major Grading Contest as you can see by the History detailed in the FINAL RANKING. I don’t remember how I got involved with Nik’s, but it was much less organized before it evolved into the version you see before you today both visually and in terms of the details. (Some contests ran for over 40 days as it was a single book per round. :eek: ) As it evolved into the Green Eggs contest after a 2 year hiatus, it was shortened to two books a round and ten TOTAL rounds...(which meant redoing my spreadsheets of course. :ohnoez: ) These were Andy’s contributions to make it his own along with a massive increase in Silver and Golden Age books versus modern books in in the 9.2-9.8 range. (worship)

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament. I don’t actually know if people watched every video or caught every post and thread, but I tried to do what the Marvel Cinematic Universe tries to do...Make it more of an enjoyable and relatable (stressful) experience than just grading comic books. :foryou:

Now someone else needs to stack and rebuild the woodpiles so in the future...the Beacons can be lit Once Again... 🔥 

Good Luck. :wishluck: 

-Shin

Thank you shin, it wouldn’t have been the same without your work and input. And terrifying emojis :)