• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Marvel team-up #20
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm almost 100% sure this is the first meeting between Black panther and Spiderman but not totally. It appears as if it is since Panther tries to introduce himself after saving spidey from the fall.

I only read the early issues of Avengers and nothing of Jungle Action. So I'm throwing this out there to those much more informed than I on Panther. Is this their first meeting hm

Thanks for any responses!

I think it is also. Spider-Man crossed over with the Avengers in Avengers #11 and his own Annual but that was way before the Panther was around. That was back in the time when crossovers were rare and people got excited about seeing a Daredevil or the X-Men in the Avengers book.

6 hours ago, workingdog said:

I think it may have been in Avengers #60 during the wedding of Yellowjacket and the Wasp.  But who knows if Spidey and T'Challa exchanged greetings or not?

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=19413

Ok great thanks!... I checked it out and they're drawn in different sections on the same pin up page with no interaction along with Fantastic four, Nick Fury, some other avengers. Infact it's only a head shot of spider-man at the bottom of the page. They're all gathered in the mansion living room before the wedding having what looks like cocktails. It's just meant as a pin up page with no comment bubbles. Good catch though! 

Edited by MGsimba77