• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Chills #1 **Grade is in**

17 posts in this topic

Wanted to list some PCH on here, but this one is a little difficult to grade. Tanning on inside covers and a weird production cut(?) on back cover. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

15709014800506837052831480979637.jpg

15709015348205720376234313490323.jpg

15709015855036848428060170271735.jpg

Edited by CCComics
Grade update

28 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

I'm thinking 3.0 or 3.5-ish here.  One of my absolute favorite PCH books.

Thanks for the input. That's about was I was thinking. Would go 3.0 because of tanning. More input anyone??

I was thinking 3.0 myself but the back with the cuts looks like half the book (which might be production i don't know) worries me and also throws me off as well maybe 2.5 GD+ but I can also agree with a 3.0. It really depends on the back. hey @grebal what's your call??

Im sure it sells quick here on the boards...come to think of it @Dino-Mutt  already laid claim!!

^Pretty sure the man was just joking with you.

1 hour ago, Raze said:

I was thinking 3.0 myself but the back with the cuts looks like half the book (which might be production i don't know) worries me and also throws me off as well maybe 2.5 GD+ but I can also agree with a 3.0. It really depends on the back. hey @grebal what's your call??

Im sure it sells quick here on the boards...come to think of it @Dino-Mutt  already laid claim!!

Hey bud, thanks for thinking of me.

I'm in the exact same range as you. Wouldn't be surprised if it got 3.0, that's my gut guess.  Those missing corners hurt a bit extra, and is that dark brown stain near top on spine just some goop, or a burn mark?  Maybe it gets hammered for stains and just gets a 2.5?  But maybe the "golden age bump" gets it a 3.5?

I'm pretty useless bud, in the contest I didn't even make top 10 this year. : (  Heh.

11 minutes ago, Dino-Mutt said:

nope, sorry, I didn't know it was for sale, Is it in the selling forum?

No, not yet. I bought a PCH collection and wanted to put them in FS forum , but wanted to get feedback on this one before I put them on. 

I do appreciate all the feedback. 

I didn't even register this year because i was unable to make some of the deadlines due to work. I didnt want to disrespect the man by entering and not putting in grades some rounds, I played along at home though, It was a blast! I was hopeful yhat emoji wasn't a binding contract, I'm not that guy who buys anything without a price tag, I just don.t frequent those types of stores!xD

1 minute ago, Dino-Mutt said:

I didn't even register this year because i was unable to make some of the deadlines due to work. I didnt want to disrespect the man by entering and not putting in grades some rounds, I played along at home though, It was a blast! I was hopeful yhat emoji wasn't a binding contract, I'm not that guy who buys anything without a price tag, I just don.t frequent those types of stores!xD

I'm going to enter one year. Looks like a lot of fun.

@Dino-Mutt  hey buddy It was a joke! I was playing around! Hope we are good?? You should enter its fun...I hope we are talking march madness grading tournament?

@grebal Yeah those missing corners are tough! Looks like it goes through to the centerfold? Its definitely weird. I made top 12 (not bragging I had a hard time with my last around and I think I lost to the 2nd place boardie) But you've helped me in the past and  @CCComics has been awesome to me so I thought Id help him out!

Edited by Raze
added comment