• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirkman says Liefeld a modern day Kirby.

86 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

When did the “Kirkman Interviewed in the Midst of Six Day Bender” follow-up article get published?

Maybe he bumped head?  (shrug)

A true wtf

2 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I don't like Liefeld but to be fair, his work is unique and is synonymous of early 1990s comics.  Love him or hate him he did have a huge impact on the art form.  And no, he's no Kirby.

He's no Jack Kennedy either!  :preach:

28 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Didn't Leifeld invent the pouch in comics?

Also I present exhibit B.....

image.png.9fdf143a395b66b4cdc8f84986ecfc82.png

I don't blame Liefeld for this.  I blame the Bob Harras who was editor in chief for letting this one slip by.  I looked it up and Harras was EIC of Marvel from 96-97 and (according to the great Wikipedia) specifically "oversaw titles such as Captain America, Daredevil, Ka-Zar and Deadpool."  There were many rejected pages, promos, and covers that were rejected by the art department over the years at Marvel.  Some still exist on the market as 'unused cover' or 'alternate cover'.  This could have been an easy reject but Harras or whoever was under him thought that this was the way to go. 

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't blame Liefeld for this.  I blame the Bob Harras who was editor in chief for letting this one slip by.  I looked it up and Harras was EIC of Marvel from 96-97 and (according to the great Wikipedia) specifically "oversaw titles such as Captain America, Daredevil, Ka-Zar and Deadpool."  There were many rejected pages, promos, and covers that were rejected by the art department over the years at Marvel.  Some still exist on the market as 'unused cover' or 'alternate cover'.  This could have been an easy reject but Harras or whoever was under him thought that this was the way to go. 

I thought that this drawing was never published? 

31 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I thought that this drawing was never published? 

I thought it was a fake created exclusively for posting on page one of every CGC forum thread mentioning Liefeld to break up the feet (none), pouches (lots) jokes. hm

9 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I thought it was a fake created exclusively for posting on page one of every CGC forum thread mentioning Liefeld to break up the feet (none), pouches (lots) jokes. hm

I never realised. That’s quite devious.

I now feel used and gullible.

Edited by Ken Aldred