• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirkman says Liefeld a modern day Kirby.

86 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, aardvark88 said:

Liefeld as a writer/artist 'created' Youngblood. Can't even compare to Kirby in his later DC period of work 'Kamandi' still showing creativity:

1eHLZSz.jpg

Youngblood should count as negative creativity points.

5 minutes ago, unclezebo said:

I dare ya to say that to his face..........

20-jack-youngblood-rams-1971_pg_600-1024x835.jpg

HULK SMASH!

On 10/14/2019 at 12:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Also, I've said it before, but while Liefeld is obviously challenged in many areas (basic anatomy and any rational understanding of how the human body WORKS being the most apparent) there's no denying that when his stuff hit the stands, it was fresh and new, and even kind of exciting. It doesn't hold up at all, and believe me I'm not going to try to make any sort of strong argument in his favor, but I remember being captivated by his issue of What If, with Wolvie as part of SHIELD. That cover popped off the stands, and I liked it a bunch as a kid.

I'm not sure I agree with how "fresh" it was considering it looked like homeless man's Art Adams (shrug)

I read an interesting theory for why his art was so popular at the time with young people, that it was so crude it was easy to emulate...as opposed to someone like Neal Adams.