• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Piece of Cover missing -- how does it affect grade?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, complete newbie here. I just received a copy of She-Hulk #1, but it looks like there's a part of the back cover missing. I don't see anything else wrong with the book, and it looks fairly high grade otherwise. 

How badly does this affect the grade? 

I'm thinking of asking for a refund because this damage was not mentioned by the seller and the photos showed the back cover was not missing any pieces. 

Thank you. 

~Not Quite Bilbo

IMG_2076.thumb.JPG.579928eb8bd76f410fcacba895095abb.JPG

IMG_2073.thumb.JPG.4d789cde6ad023720b2322b7e144e9db.JPG

This is a tricky question since grades depend on the "Overall" condition of the book.

Since we do not have any pics of the entire book it will be difficult to determine how much of a deduction will be incurred due to the missing piece.

Naturally the higher the overall grade of the book is the more of a deduction it will receive for the defect.

You should probably post pictures of the entire book and your question in the "Buddy Can You Spare A Grade" section.

if the tear wasn't disclosed and your not happy with the book talk to the seller and maybe ask for a return and look for a book that will make you happy. 

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Explain your name change.

just using the username I use for many of my gaming/online platforms that's all its a nickname ive become accustomed to that's all when I signed up to slab books I used my previous name as I submitted books many times before even coming on the chat room

9 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

just using the username I use for many of my gaming/online platforms that's all its a nickname ive become accustomed to that's all when I signed up to slab books I used my previous name as I submitted books many times before even coming on the chat room

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Get your act together! :cry:

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Get your act together! :cry:

but Robin, Batman has no time to stop running.. even in his sentences. lol