• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD & CLOSED! JUNK SALE ECs and nothing but ECs!

56 posts in this topic

SOLD!

MAD #11 May 1954

CLASSIC Wolverton cover! Also 6 pages inside. Sexy Flesh Garden story by Wood as well.

Cover neatly split to bottom staple and bottom staple popped. Small chip out of bottom right corner. A few small edge tears and light general wear. Even if you don't like MAD, every collector should own a copy of this!

$50.

mad11a.jpg

mad11b.jpg

mad11c.jpg

mad11d.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

OK, the ones everybody wants, the horror titles!

Haunt of Fear #1-28 Graham Ingels baby. Some of my favorite Feldstein covers as well. Sick, twisted tales that kept many kids up at night. I know I was profoundly influenced by these books. So many off the hook covers and the art is great. Maybe my favorite of the horror ones.

$50.

hauntoffear.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Tales from the Crypt #36 June-July 1953

Great Ray Bradbury story

A ragged copy with front cover detached and back cover missing. Interior pages are supple and nice. Just an original reader...

$30.

talescrypt1.jpg

talescrypt2.jpg

:takeit:

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Vault of Horror #38 Aug-Sept 1954

A solid, complete reader. Has a chunk out of bottom left corner and a small piece out of right side of cover. Most of spine neatly split but still well attached in center. Off white/white interior pages. Great "moody" Johnny Craig cover. Ingals and Krigstein stories.

$35.

vaulthorror36a.jpg

vaulthorror36b.jpg

SOLD!

Tales from the Crypt #1-29 The "flagship" EC horror title. The ones the dealers get the most questions about these days. The TV show really put this title on the map. My favorite cover #23. Man, being locked in the crypt by this "thing" twisted me hard when I first saw it as a kid. Again, just think, you can have the whole run for LESS than just one original...

$50.

talesfromthecrypt1.jpg

talesfromthecrypt2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Vault of Horror #1-29 Probably the toughest and most expensive of the EC horror runs to complete. Unless you got real deep pockets, this set is for you. And what a great set of Johnny Craig covers. The Wishing Well, The Ax in the Head, The arm hanging in the subway and the unforgettable Merry Christmas cover. If I didn't have the greatest majority of the originals now, I'd probably have to be content with these.

$50.

vaultofhorror1.jpg

vaultofhorror2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM!

The Haunt of Fear #21 Oct 1953

Most of the back cover is missing. Cover just hanging on at the top staple. Small chunk out of bottom right corner. Lots of wear but a decent reader if you are careful with it. Supple interior pages.

$35.

hauntoffear1.jpg

hauntoffear2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Frontline Combat #4 Jan-Fed 1953

Great issue with Kurtzman's favorite story "Airburst"

A real nice, clean, flat, tight complete copy. Tiny tear in bottom by spine and a very tiny chip out of bottom right corner. No missing pieces, other tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound snug to covers. Off white interior paper. Oh, and a small date stamp on back cover for those who like 'em.

$65.

frontlinecombat1.jpg

frontlinecombat2.jpg

frontlinecombat3.jpg

SOLD!

Last Lot and it is a doozy!

The complete New Trend EC run + Panic.

You get:

Aces High #1-5 (sadly missing #4)

Impact #1-5 (complete)

MD #1-5 (complete)

Panic #1-10 (complete)

Piracy #1-7 (complete)

Psychoanalysis #1-4 (complete)

Valor #1-5 (complete)

These were EC's last ditch effort. Some wins and some losses. Aces High and Piracy are my favorite. Piracy was the first EC run I completed. I was given the whole set at once by an old man in the neighborhood. As I bought and sold off my sets of EC's these are the ones I always kept. Valor has just so so stories but the best art in the whole New Trend line. Full of Williamson and Wood at their peak. Now MD and Impact... not so much give the MD set to your doctor. He might appreciate them...

A total of 40 books for $60.

newdirection.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Last Lot and it is a doozy!

The complete New Trend EC run + Panic.

You get:

Aces High #1-5 (sadly missing #4)

Impact #1-5 (complete)

MD #1-5 (complete)

Panic #1-10 (complete)

Piracy #1-7 (complete)

Psychoanalysis #1-4 (complete)

Valor #1-5 (complete)

These were EC's last ditch effort. Some wins and some losses. Aces High and Piracy are my favorite. Piracy was the first EC run I completed. I was given the whole set at once by an old man in the neighborhood. As I bought and sold off my sets of EC's these are the ones I always kept. Valor has just so so stories but the best art in the whole New Trend line. Full of Williamson and Wood at their peak. Now MD and Impact... not so much give the MD set to your doctor. He might appreciate them...

A total of 40 books for $60.

newdirection.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Tales from the Crypt #1-29 The "flagship" EC horror title. The ones the dealers get the most questions about these days. The TV show really put this title on the map. My favorite cover #23. Man, being locked in the crypt by this "thing" twisted me hard when I first saw it as a kid. Again, just think, you can have the whole run for LESS than just one original...

$50.

talesfromthecrypt1.jpg

talesfromthecrypt2.jpg

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Gunfighter #11 Sept-Oct 1949

Outstanding Ingels GGA cover. Hard to find these anymore.

Has a neatly taped spine, a neat date inked on cover. Right side has a few tiny edge tears and a couple chips out of bottom. Back cover has a small tear at spine. Still a fairly tight copy with off white/white interior pages.

$60.

gunfighter1.jpg

gunfighter2.jpg

I’ll take it. 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

MAD #11 May 1954

CLASSIC Wolverton cover! Also 6 pages inside. Sexy Flesh Garden story by Wood as well.

Cover neatly split to bottom staple and bottom staple popped. Small chip out of bottom right corner. A few small edge tears and light general wear. Even if you don't like MAD, every collector should own a copy of this!

$50.

mad11a.jpg

mad11b.jpg

mad11c.jpg

mad11d.jpg

Can you hold this one until Saturday when I get paid?  If so, :takeit: