• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD & CLOSED! JUNK SALE ECs and nothing but ECs!

56 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

SOLD!

Last Lot and it is a doozy!

The complete New Trend EC run + Panic.

You get:

Aces High #1-5 (sadly missing #4)

Impact #1-5 (complete)

MD #1-5 (complete)

Panic #1-10 (complete)

Piracy #1-7 (complete)

Psychoanalysis #1-4 (complete)

Valor #1-5 (complete)

These were EC's last ditch effort. Some wins and some losses. Aces High and Piracy are my favorite. Piracy was the first EC run I completed. I was given the whole set at once by an old man in the neighborhood. As I bought and sold off my sets of EC's these are the ones I always kept. Valor has just so so stories but the best art in the whole New Trend line. Full of Williamson and Wood at their peak. Now MD and Impact... not so much give the MD set to your doctor. He might appreciate them...

A total of 40 books for $60.

newdirection.jpg

I can't disagree on Impact in general...but "Master Race" in #1 is, if not my personal favorite, possibly the best story EC ever did.  Glad to see this lot going to a good home, I actually have every issue already... only mine aren't reprints.

6 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I can't disagree on Impact in general...but "Master Race" in #1 is, if not my personal favorite, possibly the best story EC ever did.  Glad to see this lot going to a good home, I actually have every issue already... only mine aren't reprints.

I can't disagree on "Master Race" either. Worth the price of this whole lot.

I tried to price these sets right so they would go into the hands of readers or collectors on a budget. Hopefully, a few more will find new homes...

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Next to be reprinted were this set by Russ Cochran/Gladstone in 1991. This is a complete set of all 35 books. They were double size reprints meaning you got two issues in each one. Full color on newsprint with slick covers and same size as the originals. A lot of great reading from several titles. Pictures show them all.

$60.

doublesizereprints1.jpg

doublesizereprints2.jpg

doublesizereprints3.jpg

:takeit: Thank you for your kindness Bob, (thumbsu I'm as bad as you as I already have all the Russ Cochran collected library editions but in black and white so it will be nice to read them in colour.:luhv:,

download.jpg

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

:takeit: Thank you for your kindness Bob, (thumbsu I'm as bad as you as I already have all the Russ Cochran collected library editions but in black and white so it will be nice to read them in colour.:luhv:,

download.jpg

Cochran/Gladstone lot goes to tv horror. Many thanks!  The hardbounds are wonderful especially if you study the art, but there is absolutely nothing better than reading an EC in full color on newsprint like they were originally produced!

53 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cochran/Gladstone lot goes to tv horror. Many thanks!  The hardbounds are wonderful especially if you study the art, but there is absolutely nothing better than reading an EC in full color on newsprint like they were originally produced!

Thanks again.(thumbsu 

Shock Suspensestories #1-18

Crime Suspenstories #1-27 complete

Weird Fantasy #1-22 complete

Weird Science #1-22

Weird Science Fantasy #1-7 / Incredible Science Fiction #8-11

Haunt of Fear #1-28

Vault of Horror #1-29 

:takeit: per PM. 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

Shock Suspensestories #1-18

Crime Suspenstories #1-27 complete

Weird Fantasy #1-22 complete

Weird Science #1-22

Weird Science Fantasy #1-7 / Incredible Science Fiction #8-11

Haunt of Fear #1-28

Vault of Horror #1-29 

:takeit: per PM. 

Thanks Shane!  These are all yours. Bound volumes are exactly what I was going to do with them. Glad you will be doing that. A great way to enjoy them!

If anyone knows of a good company to have this done, feel free to reach out with a reference via PM. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, newshane said:

If anyone knows of a good company to have this done, feel free to reach out with a reference via PM. Thanks! 

There was a thread on the boards about it a couple years ago. Do a search or start a new one maybe in General. It is pretty affordable.