• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD & CLOSED! JUNK SALE ECs and nothing but ECs!

56 posts in this topic

This sale is just what it says in the title. I have a small pile of original ECs in lower to mid grade. I will mix them in as I go. But, I am also selling off all my EC reprints in full sets. I had originally intended to have these bound but just never got around to it. Since I am closing in on my 3rd complete set of originals, I thought it might be the time to pass these on. I have collected all the various reprint sets. These were all bought new by me, read and bagged and boarded and just stored away. With the cost of the originals continuing to rise, these are an exceptional deal. One can buy a whole run of a title in full color comic book format for a fraction of what an original costs.

So, if you are missing a lot or getting your feet wet or never read any of these, this might be a good chance to see what all the excitement for the past 60 years is all about. Make a great gift as well. Or do, what I never got around to do. Bind them in hardcover format for easy reading. Nothing like an original but these come pretty close.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. Sets will be sent via flat rate postage and will vary depending how many sets you want. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Paypal is accepted as are checks and money orders.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

MAD #22 March-April 1955

Classic Bill Elder issue with him pictured on cover with his Picasso tribute cover.  Has autobiographical content on insides. One of my favorite MADS.

Tiny chip off top of cover. Small tear at top staple. small, neat spine split about 1" long just above bottom staple. Tiny chip out of bottom left corner. No creases or other tears. Bright and clean with white pages.

$50.

mad22a.jpg

mad22b.jpg

OK, first reprint set.

This is the East Coast Comix set. These were put out in 1973 largely because of the budding interest in ECs. There were 12 issued. Each a different complete book. Pretty limited distribution largely because they had a $1. cover price when most comics were 20 cents. I had to get my store to order them for me. Rarely turn up anymore and a full set is even tougher. Great piece of EC lore.

$60.

eastcoastecreprints.jpg

SOLD!

Next to be reprinted were this set by Russ Cochran/Gladstone in 1991. This is a complete set of all 35 books. They were double size reprints meaning you got two issues in each one. Full color on newsprint with slick covers and same size as the originals. A lot of great reading from several titles. Pictures show them all.

$60.

doublesizereprints1.jpg

doublesizereprints2.jpg

doublesizereprints3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Gunfighter #11 Sept-Oct 1949

Outstanding Ingels GGA cover. Hard to find these anymore.

Has a neatly taped spine, a neat date inked on cover. Right side has a few tiny edge tears and a couple chips out of bottom. Back cover has a small tear at spine. Still a fairly tight copy with off white/white interior pages.

$60.

gunfighter1.jpg

gunfighter2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

The rest of these reprint sets are the single book series by Russ Cochran. All printed just like the originals.

Shock Suspensestories #1-18  missing #14 otherwise complete. I must have somehow missed that one... Includes #1 with the great Feldstein electric chair cover, #6 The classic Wally Wood KKK cover/story, #12 classic drug cover/story, #13 with Frazetta's only solo story in EC and more. These were refered to as the "preachies" as they covered all the taboo social injustice subjects of the times. Great reading!

$30.

shocksuspensetories.jpg

SOLD!

Crime Suspenstories #1-27 complete. What more can be said about this run that has not already been said? Johnny Craig at his sickest. #17 with the sick slasher cover, #18 with the guy blowing out his brains, #20 brutal hanging cover and maybe the most famous EC #22 decapitation cover. You get the whole run for practicaly the cost of one beater original.

$50.

crimesuspenstories.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD via PM!

Frontline Combat #1-15 complete. Very underrated. Some of the best stories and art in all of EC. Kurtzman, Davis, Wood, Evans and more. Covers all conflicts known to man. Each one is a joy to read and enjoy. Again, you will pay this for one original...

$30.

frontlinecombat.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Two Fisted Tales #1-24 complete. Harvey Kurtzman's masterpiece. There was such attention to detail and love in every issue. Violent and through provoking stories with a lot of history. My favorite of the two war books. Too bad these are so overlooked in EC's limited output.

$45.

twofistedtales.jpg

Two Fisted Tales #30 Nov-Dec 1952

CLASSIC Jack Davis cover. Just look into that guys eyes. War is hell guys... Ad for MAD #1 inside.

A solid, well bound copy. Tiny chip out of top right corner, numerous tiny edge tears, spine crimps. Back cover has a thin "dust shadow" across top. Lots of general wear but nothing missing and a nice cover. Off white, supple interior paper.

$50.

twofisted1.jpg

twofisted2.jpg

SOLD!

Weird Fantasy #1-22 complete. This was pretty much Feldstein's baby. I suspect he read a ton of Sci-Fi pulps to come up with these stories. Some of his best covers appeared in the sci-fi books. These were the "intelligent" EC's. No gore in these but lots of hard to figure out stories with "scientific" data. Of special note is the abundance of Wood, Williamson and Frazetta art. Some of EC's best input.

$40.

weirdfantasy.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Weird Science #1-22 The companion book to Weird Fantasy for those sci-fi buffs that just couldn't get enough. Same great group of artists. Of note, the covers by Wally Wood are just off the hook. His best stuff.

$40.

weirdscience.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Weird Science Fantasy #1-7 / Incredible Science Fiction #8-11. EC's last gasp and maybe the best of all the sci fi titles. They had quality all the way down to the last issue. Nice Wood and Davis covers abound. Of special note, Frank Frazett's only cover for EC is #29. You couldn't buy the back cover for the price of this whole run...

$25.

weirdsciencefantasy.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Vault of Horror #38 Aug-Sept 1954

A solid, complete reader. Has a chunk out of bottom left corner and a small piece out of right side of cover. Most of spine neatly split but still well attached in center. Off white/white interior pages. Great "moody" Johnny Craig cover. Ingals and Krigstein stories.

$35.

vaulthorror36a.jpg

vaulthorror36b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man