• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walt Kelly Collection. Recap Page 10. 10/15 Percent Off!

190 posts in this topic

Over the next several days, I'll list a large Walt Kelly collection. The owner of the books bought most of them in the 1970s. The collection includes the full run of Animal Comics (1-30), several dozen Raggedy Ann + Andy, a large group of Our Gangs, and assorted Looney Tunes, New Funnies and Four Colors.

The basic rules apply.

:takeit:in the thread trumps all.

PayPal or personal check. $10 for U.S. shipping, priority insured, for up to four books, $5 if you want the comics to arrive via Pony Express.  Postage for larger groups of books will be calculated along those lines.

Most of the comics are in the Good-VG range. Page quality is surprisingly good. Whenever possible, I'll show examples of the interior art. I've tried to make note of interior page tears and folds, penciled puzzles and other such "flaws," but I can't guarantee I caught them all. Once upon a time, the comics were read by children. They are graded accordingly.

No, none of the books are slabbed. Kelly's work doesn't belong inside plastic. As always, I take returns if you're not happy with the comics.

Invoices won't go out until early next week, when I return from the Baltimore con. I'll ship as quickly as possible thereafter. PM me with any questions.

Edited by SteveDuin

Four Color 68  Sold to jimjun12

Fine+. Off-white pages. Bumped at upper right corner of the front cover, a flaw that is better seen on the back-cover scan. Light creases interior pages. A complete Walt Kelly book, with quite the fairy queen.

$65

fourcolor68second.jpg

fourcolor68secondbc.jpg

fourcolor68secint.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

Two more Looney Tunes in the batch.

Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies 15

Good+. Spine roll. Christmas cover. Significant wear at the right edge of said cover, and small tears at the spine. The occasional fold or pencil mark on the OW pages. Apologies, but the connect-the-dot puzzle at the centerfold is already complete.

$60

looneytunes15.jpg

looneytunes15bc.jpg

Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies 8

Fine+.  Off-white pages (or better). Crease bottom right corner of the front cover. Tiny dings at three of the four corners, and a stress line or two at the spine on the back cover. Slight pulls at the staples, and a tiny folded corner on an interior page. A 6.5 copy of this 1942 book sold for $198 last December, according to GPA.

$225

looneytunes8.jpg

looneytunes8bc.jpg

looney8int.jpeg

Animal Comics 27 Sold to Bobpfef

VG/Fine. Light creases top left corner, light creases lower right back cover. A sweet Newark store stamp on the back cover for Jersey Girls in the crowd. A bit of tanning on otherwise OW pages.

$18

animal27.jpg

Edited by SteveDuin

Animal Comics 22 Sold to AJD

Let's go with Fair/Incomplete. I count 44 pages, so it appears we're missing the centerfold of the Rover story.

$5 ... tho' I'll throw this in if someone claims it with the purchase of any other book in the run.

animal22.jpg

Edited by SteveDuin