• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,009 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Martin Sinescu said:

This one has been unusually tough for me to locate. You'd think an anniversary would be super-easy, but that's not been my experience.

actually, that doesn't surprise me as they flew off the newsstand (and the newsstand doesn't order any more of any given issue.)

4 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was Marvel and DC purposely raping the Canadian market...? Those prices have never seemed in line with then-current exchange rates.

Wasn't this the days of the 1.6 exchange rate?   

I don't know....I don't think I've ever seen a $1US to $1.60 Can exchange rate ever...you? 

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I don't know....I don't think I've ever seen a $1US to $1.60 Can exchange rate ever...you? 

February 26, 2002 :kidaround:

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/usd/USD-to-CAD-2002

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Well, that explains that. Poor Canadians. :(

They got us back in November 2007. lol

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/bank-of-england-spot/historical-spot-exchange-rates/usd/USD-to-CAD-2007

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Around 2000-2002 I remember a canadian art supply company was doing a $1 for $2 Canadian deal. Their canvases were u.s. prices, but Canadian dollars. I was really tempted to load up on supplies because I wanted to paint again, but never pulled the trigger. And shipping was soooo much cheaper then. I think if I spent a few hundred it was free.