• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

funny thing about this thread.  When I see someone else post one I have, I feel sad because it means mine isn't as rare as I thought.  But it's also nice to see some people collecting these, because it means the ones I have will hopefully someday have a nice market for me to sell in.

3 hours ago, divad said:

ok, this one isn't going to blow anyone's skirt up, but i can't imagine there are a lot of these:

What's that 'next page / previous page' thing Divad? 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:12 AM, divad said:

a couple of more Spideys:

ASM507aNS.jpeg

ASM509aNS.jpeg

That's funny, I grabbed an ASM 509 myself today. High five @divad

Picked up a few newsies in the dollar bin at HPB today. What's interesting to me are the price stickers on the back, which would indicate that they all came from the same collection. Anyone seen these particular price stickers before, or know what retailer they came from? They don't look like B&N or BAM to me, which are the usual suspects when I find newsstands around here.

Some may balk at stickered books, but the stickers are on the back covers so they're not so obnoxious, and the books uncommon enough that I figured I couldn't go wrong for a buck.

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9079.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

IMG_9083.JPG

IMG_9084.JPG

IMG_9085.JPG

IMG_9086.JPG

IMG_9087.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG

IMG_9090.JPG

IMG_9091.JPG

IMG_9092.JPG

apologies in advance if this is already documented in a thread or if a site exists, but is there a list of documented newsstand issues by title?

curious what the last newsstand issue of batgirl (vol 1 2000 to 2006) is and I couldn't find anything while googling or searching the boards.

thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, devald said:

apologies in advance if this is already documented in a thread or if a site exists, but is there a list of documented newsstand issues by title?

curious what the last newsstand issue of batgirl (vol 1 2000 to 2006) is and I couldn't find anything while googling or searching the boards.

thanks in advance 

DC didn't stop newsstand distribution until just the last few years, so that title should've run to its conclusion in both versions, although a quick look for the last few issues on the Bay shows that it would probably be a challenging run to complete in newsstands (didn't see anything for 70-73). That reminds me, I have a CGC 9.4 Batgirl 12 (the Steph series) newsstand. Not sure if I have an image of it or not.