• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, Corona smith said:

Just ordered tonight. Less than cover. 

Those Marvel Knight no number newsstands (and the Marvel Unlimited newsstands from just before) are undervalued in my opinion.

Anyway, some of my newsstand pick ups from 2nC yesterday... I just stuck to the X books:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

29A14777-08C3-47AA-95A1-C58CEEDEE448.jpeg

CACE46F0-7ABA-4FA1-BD31-9FD6336507D6.jpeg

06C9823D-8C28-476D-8BD9-A2AEAD441195.jpeg

Edited by BishopT

17 hours ago, BishopT said:

Tying into my Dollar Box posts, these came from the clearance sale today, and were $1 a piece. Is the Deadpool #17 the last newsstand for that book?

02B9E6D9-5995-4111-B88C-F4C1771E2D17.jpeg

2C91194B-D5CA-496E-B46F-B5DF705B0250.jpeg

0BB8A77A-F61F-440C-B30D-BE85A17DD0B4.jpeg

#18 is last Newsstand edition of this Deadpool Series.  I’ve got the full newsstand run minus issue 2. Not that I can’t find one, just can’t find one at the price I want.

9F63C30D-8027-45C8-ADE1-6F1BE5E0D3FC.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Joosh said:

#18 is last Newsstand edition of this Deadpool Series.  I’ve got the full newsstand run minus issue 2. Not that I can’t find one, just can’t find one at the price I want.

9F63C30D-8027-45C8-ADE1-6F1BE5E0D3FC.jpeg

Yeah I was going to say I have some Wolverines that have Display Until Dates  of Late December of 2013. So there should be a few more as already stated. 

On 10/15/2019 at 5:54 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Since we've been clogging up the Copper Age Forums and other threads here, with newies pics, I thought we should have our own thread to showcase some Modern Newsstand Comics. All are welcome. :sumo: Raw or graded alike. I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of Spidey's.

Spidey #530 CGC 9.8 NE.jpg

Spidey #600 CGC 9.8 NE.jpg

Those are some incredibly awesome newsies!  Do you have any idea why sometimeS CGC designates the variants as newsstand and other times it doesn’t?

BTW, interested in sale or trade?

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had to throw away a pile(100) of Marvel Newsstands from 2000 on 
today. I kept about 10 of them the rest were damaged in shipping
or were damaged before I go them. I had to toss an Old Man Logan 66
that was in poor condition and still killed me to do it.

:( I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions hundreds of voices newsstands suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had to throw away a pile(100) of Marvel Newsstands from 2000 on 
today. I kept about 10 of them the rest were damaged in shipping
or were damaged before I go them. I had to toss an Old Man Logan 66
that was in poor condition and still killed me to do it.

Same thing has happened to me through out the years. Unfortunately most people on Ebay don't know how to pack. :pullhair:

5 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Same thing has happened to me through out the years. Unfortunately most people on Ebay don't know how to pack. :pullhair:

Yeah, I just checked two very tough ASM's off my list last week, but the corners got dented pretty heavily (enough to break color on one) in transit. Seller's fault -- sandwiched books between cardboard but didn't use any tape to secure the book in place. So frustrating as I've been looking for those for almost a year, but it seems getting beat is the newsstand's destiny.