• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,003 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

I used to have CGC 9.8 that I sold years ago. What's the grade on this bad boy? 

I would call it a VF 8.0 range.  The bottom corner on the spine is a little rounded and there are enough ticks on the back to bring it down.  Front looks good though.

3 hours ago, divad said:

Clearly . . . these are as common as dirt.:bigsmile:

I’ve been collecting post 2000 newsstands for only about 8 months and  all online. Some of the books are very hard to find let alone in high grade. I’m sure they're out there but it’s few and far between since I’ve been collecting.  This most recent Exiles were only bought because they were dirt cheap and newsstands. Including shipping at $1.79/Each. 

I’m moving away from the newsstands and saving up for silver and bronze keys. 

On 1/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, Corona smith said:

Lost a few Captain Americas tonight, which usually doesn't happen. But I was able to snag these two Fantastic Fours. 

FCA939A7-7D6E-4F09-9D37-E73A5F0256ED.jpeg

4614BFEC-2192-4608-80C3-289D77554DAD.jpeg

This, in my opinion, was the last Fantastic Four story arc which kept a certain respect for the Marvel Age poetics.
After that… it was Civil War, and a a complete train wreck.