• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

These I never pass up if the price is right and it definitely was. I lost track of how many copies of each I have now. Going to have to do some digging, organizing & updating my list of comics. Really only have to go through 4 long boxes and a short one as the rest was updated recently. 

38EDB136-CFBA-4AB8-AC5A-52E59E4CC3B7.jpeg

663EDC50-5F50-411E-A2B9-702A4A0D880B.jpeg

A few more of the more interesting (to me at least) newsstands from that collection.

A lot of the collection is less interesting. (I doubt anyone is actively chasing thirty newsstand variants from the 1997 Marvel Star Trek Voyager series). But at least a few were new to me 

F2281563-799C-42B1-B67D-F73E0D95287A.thumb.jpeg.eaac2d5ac0595c6b667e98dc094eda70.jpeg

On 1/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, Corona smith said:

Actually one popped up as an auction in the meantime. You’d be bidding against me and I hate losing. I have little to no self control. Lol. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383394773180

I actually ended up winning that one. Hadn't checked this thread in a while, so didn't know I was bidding against you :foryou:

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I actually ended up winning that one. Hadn't checked this thread in a while, so didn't know I was bidding against you :foryou:

Can’t win them all. How’d the book turn out? Looked good in the pics if I remember correctly. 

6 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Can’t win them all. How’d the book turn out? Looked good in the pics if I remember correctly. 

Yeah, it was pretty nice. I think the advertised grade was right on the money. I was a bit surprised that the ASM I got in the same batch was a bit lower, though. Like you said, can't win 'em all.

13 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Is this a key?

It's the 1st appearance of "a" Phoenix I think...

there is a Campbell variant that went for a couple hundred, I have the regular one posted as Newsstand, I have it in non Newsstand cgc 9.6...

I'm not sure if the Newsstand version would be different in price enough to get the price variant label

I'd take one though depending upon price :)

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's the 1st appearance of "a" Phoenix I think...

there is a Campbell variant that went for a couple hundred, I have the regular one posted as Newsstand, I have it in non Newsstand cgc 9.6...

I'm not sure if the Newsstand version would be different in price enough to get the price variant label

I'd take one though depending upon price :)

Who needs google.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Who needs google.  Thanks

Don't quote me, but it's 1st hope summers, which I assume is Cyclops and jeans daughter... I know it's a Phoenix though pretty sure :)

10 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Is this a key?

Some might say that it is a key.  If it has some staying power down the line, then sure.  

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It looks like there is a cover price difference of $1 between the direct and newsstand.  I think the newsstand copy I picked up may be in the 9.2-9.4 range.  

0215200919.jpg

3 hours ago, Corona smith said:

It’s the first appearance of Hope Summers. She’s not their daughter though more Cables daughter as he raised her. She was the first mutant born after House of M. 

@ThothAmon