• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Corona smith said:
2 hours ago, NWOslave said:

its a virgin. it wouldnt have one.

I think the point was this thread is for Newsstand Variants. 

It is. Despite the title of the thread, it is actually thread for modern newsstands, modern virgin comics that have nothing to do with newsstands, and what REVAT HAD FOR BREAKFAST.

In other unrelated news, this morning I made avocado toast for breakfast.  I mashed up some avocados with some Costco spinach dip, and put it on toast.  For the toast topping, I scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and sausage.  I then splashed some pepper on it.  I would have put some lemon juice in the avocado mix, but we're out.

Edited by revat

15 hours ago, revat said:

It is. Despite the title of the thread, it is actually thread for modern newsstands, modern virgin comics that have nothing to do with newsstands, and what REVAT HAD FOR BREAKFAST.

In other unrelated news, this morning I made avocado toast for breakfast.  I mashed up some avocados with some Costco spinach dip, and put it on toast.  For the toast topping, I scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and sausage.  I then splashed some pepper on it.  I would have put some lemon juice in the avocado mix, but we're out.

Waiting with bated breath for details on lunch and the nap that followed.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:42 PM, mr_highgrade said:

The Canadian price tag on the direct edition is $3.50. hm

That is correct.

The time period for Newsstand/Direct Marvels being consistently cover priced identically is actually pretty short. It begins with September 1986 cover dates (when they finally realized they could just make a single Newsstand edition) and ends with May 1995 cover dates (after which they started monkeying around with prices for whatever reason).

Initially, they dropped the Newsstand price for Canadians. I guess that was to lull us into complacency for the eventual few months when they just rammed it in without any warning or lube (see this post for an example of the 33% increase between editions for Americans with a ridiculous 88% :whatthe: increase for Canadians).

On 2/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, mec3437 said:

1221191817.jpg.6ff3963e085fcc6ae80031fcc

On this one I had, I found that the direct edition was priced at $1.95, but the newsstand is priced at $1.99.  Why a four cent difference?

There's a thread about them here. Just be sure to use your brain and think while reading that thread, unlike a certain somebody else.

4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Initially, they dropped the Newsstand price for Canadians. I guess that was to lull us into complacency for the eventual few months when they just rammed it in without any warning or lube (see this post for an example of the 33% increase between editions for Americans with a ridiculous 88% :whatthe: increase for Canadians).

gzyVt9q.png

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I have one in real low grad hahaha, but it's still a copy!

Nice High grades (thumbsu 

Thanks bro. Never read as far as I know. I’d CGC them if I knew the label would note “newsstand”. For that matter does the CGC census break out newsstand for any books?  How about GPA?