• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Here’s a random one. Looks like they couldn’t even be bothered to fix bar codes for special edition stuff

C2E8B12B-7527-4C21-B79B-27ED771D9514.jpeg

From what I’ve read they got lazy or cheap and stopped changing out the plates during the printing process. I’m not sure when they stopped putting the actual title there. I see a lot of people listing them as errors which they aren’t to my knowledge. 

4 hours ago, Corona smith said:

From what I’ve read they got lazy or cheap and stopped changing out the plates during the printing process. I’m not sure when they stopped putting the actual title there. I see a lot of people listing them as errors which they aren’t to my knowledge. 

Seems to go hand in hand with B&N and Bam. UPC recycling helps simplify the barcode system, less updates on the backend.

3 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I haven’t stopped collecting but just haven’t been posting everything. It really just depends on the sellers pics, as that’s what I use to post them. These were all $1 each and any stickers are on the bags. If you don’t know I love the late Marvel Newsstands. However I do pick up the occasional DC book as well. Nothing major that I know of. 

FA86203E-18F4-4FCF-946C-B146D2B6C002.jpeg

Found several of those Superman 702 newsstands in a dollar box once.. maybe next time I'll pick them up solely on strength of the Cassady cover

19 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not price variants but lol

Newsies none the less

20200531_124357.jpg

20200531_124341.jpg

Not sure what your ultimate motivation for buying is, but don't the "used" stickers, put on after distribution, ruin the grades?  I have some newsstands with white bar code stickers that cover the direct edition cover.  I assume as they were put on as part of the distribution process the grades wouldn't be affected.  

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:
20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not price variants but lol

Newsies none the less

20200531_124357.jpg

20200531_124341.jpg

Not sure what your ultimate motivation for buying is, but don't the "used" stickers, put on after distribution, ruin the grades?  I have some newsstands with white bar code stickers that cover the direct edition cover.  I assume as they were put on as part of the distribution process the grades wouldn't be affected.  

The stickers are on the bag and board, not the comic @ThothAmon

I just leave them on for.the pic to show the cost...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

11 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

:whistle:  In a recent survey, 80 percent of Americans thought they were smarter than the average American.

I don't understand...

13 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Pretty sure that Punisher 100 newsstand isn't modern either.. maybe ten years ago

A lot of stuff in this thread really shouldn't be considered Modern by any reasonable definition, but the RSA is barely Modern by even the absolute worst definition I've ever seen used by any random clown (not counting decades ago when the Copper Age actually was the Modern Age, obviously).