• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

2,986 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Ace Bandage said:

Following up on this one, what does it take for CGC to recognize and label a Newsstand Edition as such?  I submitted mine as a newsstand but it was ignored. 

They’ll nearly always recognize them if there is something else different as well. Newsstand with different paper stock (like many Spawns). Newsstand with different cover price from the direct edition (that 9 cent FF book, the various 99 cent late 90s Marvels, several mid 90s Image titles, etc). 

But it’s not automatic on random issues where the only difference is the bar code box.

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

They’ll nearly always recognize them if there is something else different as well. Newsstand with different paper stock (like many Spawns). Newsstand with different cover price from the direct edition (that 9 cent FF book, the various 99 cent late 90s Marvels, several mid 90s Image titles, etc). 

But it’s not automatic on random issues where the only difference is the bar code box.

OK.  I know there are several differences on the  UPC,   (says "Marvel Super Heroes" instead of "Direct Edition", and there are different UPC codes, Direct Edition version doesn't include US/CAN after the price) but not aware of any other difference such as the actual price. 

On 6/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, Corona smith said:

Pretty excited about this lot. There’s only 5 newsstands but the important ones are and it came in under my max bid. 

5EAD6911-44B1-4D3B-A229-665E32F32209.jpeg

So I’m adding this lying pos to the blocked list thread as well. This one claimed to mail the the package at 6:30AM inside the post office inside the secure drop box. He also stated it was on 7/2 then switched it to 7/1.  USPS investigated and determined he was full of .  Another sellers remorse and I’m getting sick of eBay continuing to allow  this and still be able to sell. My best guess is he didn’t realize the newsstands are  rare and figured he could get more than the $120 I paid for the set. I even told him I only wanted the newsstands and he could keep the rest. I went even further stating I only wanted #2. He stuck with he shipped it though. Issued a full refund but I’ve only seen 1 copy of BP2 in newsstand. 

Edited by Corona smith